install bhj tomorrow ??

89tird

I was getting ready to install the used bhj i bought tomorrow , it came with the bolt and washer, but after doing some research i think it came with the mustang 3.8L bolt.
balancer-bolts.jpg
[/IMG]

looks just like this one, ive read all the bhj posts and it seems that the mustang bolt is too short and only grabs a couple of threads, also looks a lil shorter than the stock bolt because the first 1/4 is not threaded ?

should i find the longer bolt first or just use the mustang one ?

The reason I said SCP is because he sells it seperate from the balancer but your right it looks like the wrong one. I've bought 2 BHJ balancers from Victor at Spinningwheels SC and they come with the correct bolt, try him maybe he'll sell just the bolt.

That bolt that I sold did come from SCP. I still have the reciept for it.

I believe you but it looks like he gave you the wrong bolt. I wouldn't use that Mustang bolt, Victor gives you the one pictured in the middle when you buy from him.

The reason I said SCP is because he sells it seperate from the balancer but your right it looks like the wrong one. I've bought 2 BHJ balancers from Victor at Spinningwheels SC and they come with the correct bolt, try him maybe he'll sell just the bolt.

I got the 95 BHJ balancer and blot from SPC and it grabs more then a couple of threads for sure. Otherwise it would have stripped when I used the torque wrench on it.

I got the 95 BHJ balancer and blot from SPC and it grabs more then a couple of threads for sure. Otherwise it would have stripped when I used the torque wrench on it.

Out of those 3 bolts pictured which one would you rather have? I know my answer to that and that's the bolt that I have..........:D

hey rzimmerl, thanks for the quick shipping man !:D..

btw: just wondering did you already hone this balancer or you didnt have to ?

ok thanks..

I just noticed something guys when I look down i see the crank pulley wobble a lil bit but when i look at the actual balancer i dont see it wobble ?, could it be that the previous owner changed it but didnt align the pulley ??

cant be found in hardware stores right ??
I have a grade 8.8 from a hardware store on mine. But I do need to get the correct one. They sell the 10.9 grade at certain stores. With the BHJ, the fit is so good that the bolt is not really a problem. :cool:

Back