Need Opinions for Next block 3.8/4.2

lx2sc

Ok guys It may be a question that is answered it self but I need opinions Im gonna be throwing a turbo in the SC this winter and Im gonna get a completely new bottem end question is which one is gonna make more power reliably using same rods and pistons for each Mainly im asking is the forged 3.8 crank or the steel 4.2 crank gonna last with major boost with the turbo Thanks Justin

Ok guys It may be a question that is answered it self but I need opinions Im gonna be throwing a turbo in the SC this winter and Im gonna get a completely new bottem end question is which one is gonna make more power reliably using same rods and pistons for each Mainly im asking is the forged 3.8 crank or the steel 4.2 crank gonna last with major boost with the turbo Thanks Justin

Question?

(using same rods and pistons) are you running stock rods? if so going to a turbo thats a very weak point. I ran a stock SC crank re-chromed radius ground never had an issue with it. I would go with Eagle Rods and Ross forged pistons. Have the crank re-chromed and radius ground also with a turbo you want to go to Total Seal Gapless rings

If you need info on a good crankshaft shop I trust and had done many crank for me let me know will send contact info

Thanks for the reply actually i was planning on running scat h beams for rods I have two 94 SC long blocks sitting around also I think the 4.2 crank will hold I have it in other car right now with 15% OD but Im gonna try and get a motor that runs more rpm

Back