rear spindles

scfix92

Are the rear spindles the same across the board on mn12s I have a 97 4.6 with a bad bearing and it will be way easier to pull the rear spindle from my 89 five speed will this work though

The bearing is the same, and the hub is the same, but the spindle itself may be different between the drum brake and disk brake cars. not sure on that.

well I had fun today the bearing and spindle all the same, from 89-97 sc's and v-8 I do not know about the v-6 cars. But the brackets that hold the caliper is different and the rotor on the sc is thicker than the rotor on the 97 4.6. so basically you can use a spindle from any mn12 as far as I know.

Yes, the spindle/knuckle is the same 89-97 on the MN12s. The only difference between drum and disc is the holes are drilled for the caliper brackets and the backing plates are different.

well the backing plate worked it covered the whole rotor, but as far as I could see the rotor and bracket from the 5 speed would work if you changed the caliper over too. Which wouldnt be muchof an improvement. Anyway the key is you guys helped me alot and I appreciate it and we now know a little more. thankyou again

Rear calipers and brackets vary on the SC cars as well. i.e. a 90 is different than a 93. I believe the 93 setup is going to be the same as the Sport brakes on the LX cars in the back.

Back