brake rotors...whats the difference?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I need to replace the two front rotors on my 95 so that it passes inspection. I'm not looking for any fancy replacement (i.e. slotted or drilled)...i'm talking about your regular, stock-sized rotor.

I checked the large parts stores and they range from $20 to about $50 a piece. I'm looking for a reason to spend more than the $20 for each rotor. Do the more expensive ones wear different? Or besides the brand...whats the difference?

Thanks!

this might sound stupid, i havent bought rotors in awhile but last time they were 20 and 50. $50 was made in U.S.A, $20 japan. Bought american, turned them once too, with no probs

The $20 rotors are cheap imports and tend to wear and warp faster than the $50 rotors which tend to be American made, wear longer and are harder to warp. I have used lots of both working for a used car dealer, lot cars get the cheap ones , My cars and the bosses cars get the premium rotors.Our cars tend to be heavier and we drive them a little harder :cool: than lower performance cars. Spend a little more now and you will be hapier in the long run.

Back