Which supercharger flows better, MP2 or 95 S-model?

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I've now got one of each. With the same MP intake, 85mm throttle body, pulley, and outlet adapter which one would be the better and more efficient to run. I've been happy with my S-model but will switch over if the MP2 will give me a little more power.

Do a search and find xr7dave 's post about the comparisons. If I remember correctly the S port had more on the top end, but the MP2 had more on the bottom, but don't quote me on that. Find Dave's post.

I was very happy with my MP2 and was actually putting more HP to the wheels then the MPX, but that is because of the modified tune vs stock tune.

Dave's comments

Here are my "made up" numbers. All numbers assume mild heads and cam and 5spd transmission.

Stock 89 blower with 10% OD will make 10psi and 260rwhp.

Ported 89 blower with coated rotors and 15% OD - 12psi and 290rwhp.

Stock 94 blower with 5% OD - 13psi and 300rwhp

S-Port blower with 10% OD - 15psi and 340rwhp

MPI or MPII blower with 15% OD and coated rotors - 16psi and 365rwhp

MPIII or MPx with 25% OD and coated rotors - 19psi and 400rwhp.

M112 - 23psi and 425rwhp
Twin Screw - 23psi and 450rwhp
Centrifugal - 26psi and 500rwhp
Turbo - 30psi and 600rwhp

These represent the best you are likely to see keeping the blowers in their best rpm ranges and boost levels at which they perform best. If you have a stock motor or other goofed up parts underneath the blower then your results will be less or your boost requirements will be higher.

I think these are some pretty realistic numbers keeping in mind that the last 4 on the list don't really exist as options to buy anyway.

In any case, anything over 275rwhp requires tuning and dedication from the owner because most likely something will break and you'll need to re-do something a couple hundred times to get it all right.

reverse that... MP2 made more on the top end where the S-model starts falling off, but the S-model made more down low. I think the thread you should look for is "Real Street Performance".

Last edited:
I would bet that the MP 2 would perform better than the S-model. You should put the MP 2 on and run it and see if e.t. drops if not you'll know that the S-model works better.

Charles told me the MPII was designed for more low end torque and the MPIII was designed for more top end torque.

Thanks guys. I'll do a search and check out the other posts on the subject. I was thinking of doing an E.T. comparison of the two. I guess the chip tune would be the same for either sc?

Thanks guys. I'll do a search and check out the other posts on the subject. I was thinking of doing an E.T. comparison of the two. I guess the chip tune would be the same for either sc?

I think the MPII and S port are going to perform very similar...If given the choice of either blower, I'd probably go with the S port, because of tighter tolerances and coated rotors. Both will need the MP inlet plenum and a 75mm TB to pull good numbers.

David

Back