slave cylinder

slowpoke

ok here it is, u where all right. the slave is shot. now as for replacement im thinking removal of the rear sub frame and or pumpkin might be easier and faster. has any1 done this before. i know that by removing the subframe i can remove the drive shaft but i wandering if simply removing the pumpkin bolts and pulling the pumpkin back with the side shaft still intacked would give me enough room to remove the drive shaft. if any have done this and know for sure i would love to here from ya :)

Done both the 5 speed and an auto

It has been a while so I'll try to remember. In both instances you have to unbolt the driveshaft from the pumpkin and then the pumpkin from the frame. If you have a lot of miles on your SC, you may want to consider replacing the rubber bushings and rear pumpkin mount. I believe there are two kinds of bushings available: rubber and plastic. Not sure which is the best. Then I believe I rotated the pumpkin so the pinion is pointing down. That should give you enough clearance to slide the drive shaft toward the passenger side of the pumpkin and then pull it back enough to disengage from the tranny. You should not have to pull the half shafts out of the pumpkin to get enough clearance.

ED

sweet tyvm for the info, and the rear end is out of a 92 sport model with 3.08's in it. everything appears to be in good condition. however is that bushing somewhat like the rear main seal of the engine where u want to replace it any time u get a chance or do u think it will be fine considering its in ok shape?

also this being my very first manual tranny does any1 have any step by step tips for dummies they can give me?? :)

Back