I'm going to cry

blownbird2

well guys I'm sorry I didn't get back to anybody about selling it I had a lot of stuff going on at home . My mother talked me in to keeping it cause it was something my father wanted. Iv changed everything crank sensor cam sensor tps 02,s dis coil all on my new motor and as soon as it gets hot it runs rich the tach jumps around and it runs like crap and stalls if I let it idle for a few minutes. I have 42lbers ,maf ,tb , exhaust etc I don't know what to do. Does it Need a tune? Does it need a carb'd 351 .help me I dying here

im dont know much but i think i read on here that a jumping tach means a bad cam sensor

i checked a few more things and the screw for the iac is all the way down
i have the 70mm for scp
i unpluged the maf and the idle went up to 1500 and sat there
could that set screw have anything to do with it? i cant seem to move it. so i put a little pb blaster to sit overnight

So you have all those mods, as well as 42lb injectors, no tune, and you're wondering why it's running rich? Get that thing tuned! When I supercouped my mustang, I went from 24 to 38lb injectors on the mustang computer, and I dumped a couple quarts of gas out of the oil when I changed it.

So you have all those mods, as well as 42lb injectors, no tune, and you're wondering why it's running rich? Get that thing tuned! When I supercouped my mustang, I went from 24 to 38lb injectors on the mustang computer, and I dumped a couple quarts of gas out of the oil when I changed it.
I'm pretty sure that won't happen so drastically if his MAF matches his new injectors.
When my car was running like his it was right before my HB broke and the car wouldn't make any power ,but, still had boost,my tach was dropping out completly and would jump right back up again.I'm not sure which component actually solved the problem though as I changed the crank sensor,cam sensor and dis when I put the BHJ on.I assumed it was my crank sensor because it had been hit by the ring on the balancer.

i know with mods of course i need to get it tuned but it only screws up when it gets to full opp. temp. could the lack of a tune really make that happen?

i know with mods of course i need to get it tuned but it only screws up when it gets to full opp. temp. could the lack of a tune really make that happen?
Is your maf calibrated for the larger injectors?If it is then you have some other issue going on.If it's not I'd start there.
When I did my mods to my car I ran it for awhile without a tune with 42# injectors ,but, my maf was bought at the same time and was calibrated for them.I bought a chip from Brian Herron shortly after that though.

finally!

well what ever i did i stoped it and now it runs rite :). i changed the iac today and i found the small hose that comes off the pcv valve on the pass. side and goes to the carbon tank and then to the gas tank which i no long have do to the cell in the trunk. so i closed that off and nows its fine. took it out for a good 10 mile run tonight and didnt miss a beat. i ran in to a 04 cobra which made me look like i was going the other way but besides that all is well now. thanks for the help guys
i cant believe i was going to sell this car

Back