Firm Ride Light. (Flashing 3 times)

91BLOWNSC

Can Someone tell me what this means? I have read something on this before and if i remember right it isn't good. So....I just need to know what the problem is and how I fix it. Thanks for the replies ahead of time!!

Everyone seems to agree on this. Hope it helps you.

"The FIRM RIDE lamp flashes indicate as follows:

1 flash = Driver side rear
2 flashes = Passenger side rear
3 flashes = Passenger side front
4 flashes = Driver side front"

Have a great weekend.

tbirdsc35th provided the where, now I'll provide the what.
Unhook the actuator on the passenger side front. There is a plastic cover which you remove, then push the 2 tabs inwards and lift up on the whole assembly. Leave it plugged in, then go try the auto/firm switch and see if the flashing goes away.
If so (it will) then squirt a couple of drops of oil in that shock tower, and with a set of needle nose pliers, turn the flat shaft back and forth a few times, reconnect the actuator and try again.
If the flashing comes back, the shock needs to be replaced. You have the option to also simply leave the actuator unhooked as long as the shock is not worn out.

here

find a nice bumpy road. drive down it and keep flippin the switch! hehehe worked for me!

mine didnt work from when i at least 2 years before i bought it and after a couple months after i got it i started playin with it and it started workin again.

hey 91 blown SC?

hey your from Michigan right? is your car the white one that has got Blown in green letters on the back window??

if so i seen your car in Muskegon by Discount tire i work there and i think i seen you checking out my white 90sc with the red Charger Racing stickers on it?

just wondering
-Jerry-

Some people have had success "cleaning" the actuator itself as well. (Although I think the silicon+needlenose on the shock's tab will fix 90% of the problems...)

Once the actuator is removed from the car, break out the needlenose again and unbend the 2 (3?) small metal tabs that hold the bottom metal plate to the top. Once bent, the whole thing splits apart. Check that the electrical contacts are actually touching the metal disc inside. If they are, use a pencil eraser and clear the contacts and the disc, and put it all back together.
(If they aren't, buy a new actuator :))

Or, just leave them all unplugged and enjoy your Cadillac-like ride!

Back