Piston clearance?

SenReg15

Is it a problem if one of the cylinders comes slightly above the deck at TDC? If so, what needs to be done about it. Thanks

Jeremy

Are you sure that only 1 piston dome rises above the deck? How much above the deck is it? What work have you done to this engine?[block deck,line bore,heads and etc.]:confused:

I haven't checked all of the them. I know cylinders 1-3 are OK but 5 is slightly over. It goes less than 1 mm over. I've had the crank ground, everything balanced, and the deck resurfaced. The block also had machine work done before I bought it, although I'm not sure what all was done. Thanks

Jeremy

Reg you NEED to measure each and every one of your pistons deck heights, none of that about a half mm stuff! Get precise!!! I can tell you right now that the max deck height on these motors is +.010, if you truly have a half a mm then you have +.020 and you also have TROUBLE. Going by what you have said so far your crank grinder has offset ground at least 1 of your journals, this is NOT good. Measure every piston deck height and post results, we'll figure it out.

Attachments

• img000026.jpg
    img000026.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 94
Back