preasure line to slave

slowpoke

ok im new at manual tranny's, how do i get the pressure line off from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder. this thing is tearing me up some1 help plz

There should be a white plastic ring. it needs to be pushed in to release the retainer holding the line into the transmission. There is a special too but I used an old coffee can and cut a piece to push on the white ring and it worked but was a PITA. I bought the tool through ford a couple years ago. if you have the ford manual it shows the tool and part number.
John

You can use an open end wrench that will just fit over the line and against the plastic ring. They shouldnt take much force to push in.

- Dan

ok i got it now, i went out and got the tool, but yet it wouldnt come out, ended up using the tinny lil end of a tire depth gauge to push it past the flush point into the shaft about 1/16 in and then it finally let lose. ty for the point of the tool, i never even noticed the lil white ring till after i read this. once i targeted the white ring it was only bound to come out :)

many many cuts and a few bruises later from the tranny falling on me once its all done and running good. i sure hope i never have to do it again that sucked lol

Back