31 spline IRS 03 Cobra differential

1990 SC and your 31 spline

So can you use this in the stock SC housing as long as you get the cobra drive shafts? Could you also use the cobra rear housing and drive shafts on a stock SC ? do you have the housing?

I'll give ya $20 for the 28 spline one. I have plenty of steels you can have. The kits have 8 frictions and 8 steels. You either have leftover frictions or leftover steels depending on how you stack them.
Alan

Dirtydog, the 28 spline is a solid axle unit. I can get it boxed and get you a shipping quote early next week. Let me know if you still want it.

The 31 spline is something that would require 31 spline shafts on the inside. I don't believe you can just drop in the 03 cobra half shafts.

Last edited:
Dirtydog, the 28 spline is a solid axle unit. I can get it boxed and get you a shipping quote early next week. Let me know if you still want it.

The 31 spline is something that would require 31 spline shafts on the inside. I don't believe you can just drop in the 03 cobra half shafts.

I'll take it, I can machine them for IRS.
Alan

31 spline cobra to SC

So can you unbolt and re attach the inner shafts of a cobra drive axle to the outer half a a SC half shaft?

Will the cobra IRS housing bolt into a SC

It takes some machining,but that is possible. I machine Non IRS sidegears to work in IRS cars. Non IRS 28 spline carriers are a dime a dozen because all the mustangs take them out and go 31 spline.
Alan

Shoot me a shipping address. I didn't have one here for you. I have it boxed, but I might not get it out until Monday/Tuesday if that's ok.

Back