Motor mounts & clutch question

mike94sc

Just finished my auto to 5spd swap on my 94!!!!! I have the new mounts, but didn't install them when I did the swap.. I have a weird vibration at 2100 rpm. It doesn't matter what speed i'm going. I figure it to probably be the mounts. I replaced the tranny mount. Does anyone have words of wisdom or any tricks before I tackle this job? Also there seems to be some play in my clutch pedal (about 1 inch) and it seems a little harder to shift gears after about 500 miles from doing the swap. Would you guys suggest bleeding the clutch again.

Thanks

Mike

Yes bleed the system again. Did you use all NEW parts for this conversion? If you cannot get rid of the play and you used used parts it sounds like some of them are worn out.

I wouldn't count on the vibration being related to the mounts. Does the vibration go away above that and below that RPM?

Does it happen when you are just in the driveway? I'm thinking an issue with the flywheel or the clutch balance is more likely. But I guess I don't know for sure. Could simply be a missing cylinder.

Back