SC stang

Douglas Walker

Kinda sc related..

Im currently working on a 88 mustang with a sc motor swap. Ive pretty much got everything fabbed up to fit. Wirring is done or close to it.. Just some small items to finish up on. Found out today the my heads are in progress!!

Im having trouble adapting the stock shifter which is CABLE to the tranny (C5 from a 86 cougar) which is ROD. Do they make kits for them to work together or can you change the lever on the tranny to work with the cable. any ideas will help

thanks
Doug

Attachments

• 100_1207.jpg
    100_1207.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 169
Nice project, I'm doing the same but into a Capri. As for the trans, I would ditch that C5, it not strong enough to handle the power & torque of a SC engine. Get yourself an AOD from a 86-93 mustang. It bolts right up. Hope this helps. Good luck

Post a pic of your transmission shift lever and your cable end and I might be able to come up with something.

OR if you go with an AOD, try to get one out of a SC instead of a Mustang, they are stronger and have a better overdrive servo.

Actually if you want one, I have an AOD collecting dust that I need to get rid of. $100. It has supposedly been rebuild twice, but I think the last guy in there didn't know it was an SC tranny, so It wouldn't be a bad idea to have it adjusted and a new A servo put in.

c4-c5

The c5 supposedly has a lockup converter, im guessing it locks based on line pressure, governor, etc. since it isn't electronic. It will have a smaller piggyback valve body mounted to a larger one when you pull the pan. The c4 does not have the small one.

The later models SC's have a 4R70W tranny. You might check with
"thomasma@alltel.com", here in Lincoln to see if he has one now. He parts
Mark VIII's all the time.

Back