Banging from springs

Ben999_

I recently had my front shocks replaced with KYB's (along with the lower ball joints and tie rod ends) and after about a week of driving I noticed some loud noises coming from the driver's side front. It doesn't occur when I go over every single bump, or only when I turn, but almost randomly. Particularly over smaller bumps in the road. It sounds to me like the spring shifting or something, which maybe could be the upper shock mount? I looked over everything very closely but still could not pinpoint where the noise was coming from. Pushing down on the front end causes it to occur also. I also looked over the subframe bolts and they seemed to be tight. It usually gets much more frequent the longer I drive the car, so when I first pull out it makes no noises and then progressively gets worse. Does this sound like the right symptoms for bad shock mounts? I could take a video or sound clip if it helps to get rid of this. The sound goes right through my spine and not to mention it's embarrassing as hell.

It sounds like it could very well be your sway bar end links, they tend to pop at random times.

Back