buzz bomb

slowpoke

while i had my clogged up cats off i decided to punch them, and well it seems to have reopened its lost power since 4months ago, how ever it sounds nasty. it has flowmasters on it atm, i thought those would sound ok yet i was wrong. what all mufflers have been proven to sound atleast half way ok??

borla

magnaflows, dynomax.

stay away from the flowmasters. on these cars they just drone too much.

and the gutted cats do not help the problem. try having HF cats installed instead when you have the time, the exhaust will sound lower pitched, and no annoying high pitched buzzing.

also try getting a bigger resonator.

oh yeah, try the dynomax bullets, i think there made by dynomax anyways...find them at summit, but be sure to use a resonator.

I prefer to have a Dual in dual out resonator and some basic cheap turbo mufflers on the rear. Then again exhaust could be deadly silent and I wouldn't complain. As long as it runs good.
Alan

i got flowmasters and they sounded like crap until i installed my borla pro xs now caR sounds awesome exp. on wot .Still with header leak though however i went from 21 mpg in the city to 16 :/

i have high flow cats, a dual in dual out flowmaster (in place of the factory resonator), and then it goes to the bumper and turns down. it doesnt have the annoying drone. good low, deep tone through out driving range (from idle to wot). as soon as i can get it on the lift at school i'll get some pics.

ty brandy i would like to know. and no i have no res in it anymore. its punched cats into a single 3in back to 2 2.5's with 2 flowmasters

Back