Bosch or Ford O2 sensors? problems?

Bacondoggy

Ok, I was having issues with my CEL comming on after driving the car after 10-15 min or so, because of the drivers side/pass. side banks running lean. After getting my car fixed (the pass side o2 was bad along with my computer), the car runs better, but I still occasionally only get a CEL for just the drivers side running lean. I decided to replace it with a bosch O2 from autozone, buit it didn't help really. I was told by a guy that maybe I should have gotten one from ford, because I would know it would be calibrated for my car, as opposed to an aftermarket o2 sensor. Could this be the cause of the CEL?

When the engine reaches 150-180F, it starts using the O2 sensors.
Bosch O2 sensors(switching within voltage range SLOWS DOWN, and does not send a code) & do not last forever.
They switch between 0 and 1 volts, stoich for all gasoline motors is recorded at .5V
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28003&d=1186775694
I never did get good mileage with Bosch.
Old & new Bosch Oxygen(Ford looks like Bosch to me) sensors can give a code and bad gas mileage(switching?).
Try NGK's from sparkplugs.com
I got an extra mile or two to the gallon. around $35ea

Last edited:
i use the bosch ones, what mods do you have on the car???
i know when i ran a larger maf and injectors with the stock throttle body it would throw 02 codes at me when i beat on it, then i put on a 70mm tb and it all went away. just something to think about, could be something else causing it to throw a cel for the O2's.

Back