PDA

View Full Version : The "Silver Bullet" SCCoA Quickest & Fastest SC in the local news

Jim Demmitt Jr
09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Placerville News

My local hometown news did an artical on the "Silver Bullet" when we ran the quickest 10 second run the new performance now is 9.747et and is in the Northern California's leading professional drag race club web site in the number 10 spot in there Top times

News Artical
http://placerville.info/jim_demmitt_of_pollock_pines_speeds_excessively_we ll-10-12-12-09-2007.html

NorCal 1320 car info click time slip icon to view time slip
http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/member.php?do=vehicledetails&userid=1919

NorCal 1320 top time list
http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/timeslips.php

Miller
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96316&highlight=Placerville

dwayne
09-04-2008, 10:21 PM
JIM,What a way to start a new thread,sorry for the children in this club.

superdadsc
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Blah Blah Blah REAL RACERS RACE. Stephen

Jim Demmitt Jr
09-05-2008, 11:40 PM
JIM,What a way to start a new thread,sorry for the children in this club.

Thanks Dwayne

I will get some more pictures up soon interior shot roll cage Lenco Shift levers etc. Love that Lencodrive Trans I always liked Lenco the 4 speed Lenco in the 57tbird with tripple disck clutch and Trick titanium clutch can is a strong unit always been good to us

We are getting the IRS issues figured out on what step to do to solve our control problems working with Chassies and Suspension people. Our focus is the 2008 Shootout as I have the car in the Outlaw V6 class

dwayne
09-06-2008, 01:51 AM
That will be neat to see.

Jim Demmitt Jr
09-07-2008, 03:41 PM
That will be neat to see.

Real Street SC

My main goal from day one is getting a street trim streetable IRS 3.8V6 M90 SC sleeper you might say into a performance level as the GM's Mopars are. I dont think strippng changing the suspension in these cars is what the SC is all about its not an SC no more it a race car simple facts. Yes its easy to run quick with a light weight ladder bar or 4 link with K member front stripped for weight no radio no heater no AC etc. I love these cars for what they are to run quick like we are is a challenge its something special to me and others

neverfastenough
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I think easier is the worng word. A ladder bar setup etc. is probably safer and mabey just a racers preference. Plus, Im not sure, but I dont think there is any aftermarket support for our cv axles. Im keeping my IRS, I have no need to swap, but a sc with a solid rear is still a sc, its just a different approach;)

Corey

David Neibert
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Real Street SC

My main goal from day one is getting a street trim streetable IRS 3.8V6 M90 SC sleeper you might say into a performance level as the GM's Mopars are. I dont think strippng changing the suspension in these cars is what the SC is all about its not an SC no more it a race car simple facts. Yes its easy to run quick with a light weight ladder bar or 4 link with K member front stripped for weight no radio no heater no AC etc. I love these cars for what they are to run quick like we are is a challenge its something special to me and others

Jim,

Back when you were still running with an AOD, how did you remove 800 lbs from the car without doing any of the stuff you metioned above ?

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Jim,

Back when you were still running with an AOD, how did you remove 800 lbs from the car without doing any of the stuff you metioned above ?

David

Removing weight

Chuck the fabrication chassies builder took and removed everthing from the interior and trunk area. He than took and removed a great amount of inner body structure dead weight he called it and re-instaled the interior. He also lightend other areas Chromemoly roll cage he acid dipped some parts. I ran that C4 but had to many issues with it thats when I got a good deal on the used Lencodrive they cost to much new for this deal. I cant see stripping the car if your going that far why not get a light weight Pinto or something

I will say he might get mad at me for this but doing this inner structure deal may not be the best way to go I am noticing cracking in areas from body flexing. I feel going to glass doors deck lid and hood and other glass parts is a better way to take weight off. It was my choice to stay with original parts stock trim and he did what he could to remove weight and keep it stock looking

dwayne
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I know it can be done my nephew who restores cars i have seen him cut out at least 700lbs out of several cars and leave them in stock trim,he is now working on a 71 MC and cut out a lot of weight.

Jim Demmitt Jr
09-14-2008, 01:26 AM
I know it can be done my nephew who restores cars i have seen him cut out at least 700lbs out of several cars and leave them in stock trim,he is now working on a 71 MC and cut out a lot of weight.

Dwayne

With the new Chromemoly IRS setup we will knock a lot more weight off the car and have a controlable stable car. Once we can use the full power band of the engine we can move the performance level into the area we are looking for in and et and speed