Rotor Timing Question

Dahoopd

I decided to port my blower myslef just to get the car back on the road. I have been ~~~~ around with it long enough.

It doesnt look too bad and I have some clean up to do on it but my question is if the V is not exactly equal on both sides how much of a problem will this cause.

Dont get me wrong, to the naked eye it looks right but I am just wondering if it being off just a bit causes any issues.

Dahooped

This is not a rotor timing issue it a flow issue and yes when the V it not exactly equal it will caues a flow problem. This will give you an un-even flow that will cause static flow fluxuation anytime you disturb the flow in rotor pressures its a problem. What you are doing with un-even V is making a high and low pressure fluxuation as the rotors totate at high rpm

Last edited:
Use the angle of the rotors "the tip of the rotors" to make a straight line on both sides that will give you a good line to mask with tape so you can make the opening even.

Dahooped

This is not a rotor timing issue it a flow issue and yes when the V it not exactly equal it will caues a flow problem. This will give you an un-even flow that will cause static flow fluxuation anytime you disturb the flow in rotor pressures its a problem. What you are doing with un-even V is making a high and low pressure fluxuation as the rotors totate at high rpm

Jim,

Its not necessarily uneven as much as its not a machined smooth shape. There are minor imperfections in it. I did every search on here for pics are there really arent that many pics of case porting as you might think. I just removed an 1/4 inch off the V on each side and extended it about a 1/2 inch. Probably no gain at all.

I was just wondering because its not as "perfect" as factory.

Use the angle of the rotors "the tip of the rotors" to make a straight line on both sides that will give you a good line to mask with tape so you can make the opening even.

Ricardo,

I always assumed you were suppose to just follow the same shape as the V. Was I wrong?

I dont think it matters if its parallel but what you dont want is the wider part to start discharging air first. You wound the smaller side of the V opening to release first towards the bigger opening. You want the angle of the opening to be the same or bigger then the angle that the edge create

Last edited:
Back