supercharger play?!?!?

nova72sc

i have 2 SC's and both are 90's and one is an automatic the other is a 5 speed, the supercharger off the 5 speed has enough play that you can hear the gears hitting, the one off the auto has like a spring type "action" in it you can turn the pulley and hold the rotors and the pulley will move a bit but then it will move the rotors? can anyone help me out with this, is on for the manual and the other for the auto?? thanks for your help.!!

If I hold the rotor with my hand and crank on the pulley backwards there's been spring back play on every blower I've ever had the experience to man handle. If this is happening when you spin it in the normal direction then the coupler might be elongated. I never thought a little play was too much to worry about. You can purchase new couplers on eBay. It's very easy to install. I did mine with a wrench, a piece of wood, and a mallet to separate the blower from the snout.

Your other issue with the 5speed blower could be bad rotor or snout bearings but I'd have to see it to be sure. Snout and Rotor bearings are also available on eBay. Installing them is a little tricky.

Back