camshaft

bigg_boyys_SC

I need to know if there is an aftermarket performance cam made for or cars. I know Dr Fred has his own and I'm sure that I could get one ground. The thing is that I only want a cam that is going to help out some. Just a little more power is all, and I want an awsome idle lope also. If you could think of any just let my know who, where, and how much.

Thaks, Biggin':D

Any cam that you find Dr Freds,Coy miller,Morana,Crane,Comp Cams are all regrinds. There are no new cores available to the cam grinders to make completely new cams. I would get rid of the notion to have only small performance increases yet have a lopey idle, the two do not go hand in hand. If you are mainly looking to change the sound of the engine look ELSEWARE! and leave the cam ALONE! or you will be sorry.

I don't want the car to sound like my mud truck, but I do want a lope in my idle. I don't have to have a cam that steps off every cylinder to have a lope. I know that cams have been made for years for v8's that lengthen duration and done add a whole lot of extra power but they do add power. Some call these towing cams. I don't want any super high lift or extra long duration that doesn't red line until 6,000. Just some thing to keep it from buzzing while in idle. If there is no cams like this for my car, then I will not have one. But you can have mild power and a lope in a cam, I have one in my hunting buggy and it's a v6 chevy.

Biggin'

Getting a cam for sound is stupid.

But my opinion aside, look for a cam with mildish duration 205-
210@.050" and smallish LCA 110. Lope comes mainly from
overlap and lack of vac. Overlap and blowers don't mix. So right
off the bat, you're screwed. But with a 110LCA you can get some
lope and still not have too much overlap for your blower (just
don't mix 110LCA with alot of duration or you will)

Gaston

Read both of the parts that I typed. I do want more power, but no one seems to know anything about this. (Myself included) I don't want all the ultra high performance cams offered, I want a little extra horses and I don't want the cylinder hits to run together and buzz at idle. If I wanted to change the sound and not change the HP then i would do a eec tune and drop the idle and get the low lope I want,but I wouldn't have the testicles to back the sound up. THAT WOULD BE STUPID, stupid.

Biggin'

Sorry Gaston just took what you printed the wronge way. I was the lesser man in this one, I took it wronge I thoght you were calling me stupid, and if I took it wronge, then maybe I was SORRY, Biggin':(

From what you have said, I think you should talk to Crane about a 208 grind. BTW, I dissagree with Gaston on the not using long duration cams with overlap on a supercharged engine.

I know of a couple 12 second SCs doing just that.

Back