Saved It From Being Junked

Wilhelm310

Its a 1990 auto SC with about 130k miles that was beat on and needs just about everything hehe but I couldn't see it get junked i'll post some pics later

forgive the mess lol looks like my buick wants to eat the SC or the other way haha
SCPS-1.jpg

this is the way the engine looked when i got it
SCEngine.jpg

you can see the rear spindal is a lil bent
SCPs.jpg

The Engine has a knock so i took off the SC belt and it went away but it idles all crazy need to find the fault

Last edited:
It was making a knocking sound at idle and it went away when you removed the SC belt? If that is what you mean, then you may have a bad bearing in the supercharger.

It was making a knocking sound at idle and it went away when you removed the SC belt? If that is what you mean, then you may have a bad bearing in the supercharger.

Ya thats what i meant to say it started to idle all crazy now n some black smoke out the tail pipe. thx for the info on the SC bearing i might just try to get a SC from the junkyard when they have the 50% off heh

That's what pick your part is for, my friend.

I happen to have a passenger side spindle but it's bent too, but bent somewhat less, and still has an axle attached to it.

FREE.
You'd have to come get it off me at Long Beach Airport where I work in the Scan Building.

Pick Your Part's 50% off days are Oct 9th-12th.

I have a spare IC top, upper IC tube and intercooler.
Also yours free if you come get em. I don't want em in my garage any more since I own three 4.6 Tbirds and no SC's. :(

And a spare SC tachometer.

PM me if you want em.

Best,
Ghost

Last edited:
changed the spindle today no change its the same way. i was told that the guy that had the car before me was doing donuts and a kid ran out in his way, when he hit the brakes it caused him to hit the curb thats what caused the bend. when i had the wheel off it didnt seem that the control arm was bent maybe the upper arm? i'll need to check those bushings thx for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Rear control arms. I would replace both with a "known good".

See pick your part for those. At least they're easy to change. :)

Oh. I also forgot I have a nice, working VMM. Yours for $5.

Last edited:
That's what pick your part is for, my friend.

I happen to have a passenger side spindle but it's bent too, but bent somewhat less, and still has an axle attached to it.

FREE.
You'd have to come get it off me at Long Beach Airport where I work in the Scan Building.

Pick Your Part's 50% off days are Oct 9th-12th.

I have a spare IC top, upper IC tube and intercooler.
Also yours free if you come get em. I don't want em in my garage any more since I own three 4.6 Tbirds and no SC's. :(

And a spare SC tachometer.

PM me if you want em.

Best,
Ghost

you might be the smartest one of us .. hows the 4.6 just as hard to work on ? Power better ?

ya sorry updates are i need my heads done and a new S/c Coupler and found out i have a brake line leak in the rear drivers side been to lazy to do the work tho i'll get to it this weekend theres bbeen to many partys n weddings n such going on hehe

Back