Supercharger Fluid?

89_WhiteBirdy

I ordered some supercharger fluid off of SCP and it came in some little bottles that look like shampoo bottles with no labels on them. I was just wondering if anyone new of what the fluid looked and/or smelt like? I just want to make sure they sent the right stuff before i put it in. Thanks.

Last edited:
He might just be buying it in bulk...color wise, the gm stuff is pretty clear. If it smells horrible, youve probably got the right stuff

Its clear bad smelling fluid.

It comes in a little black bottle from SCP.

You have the right stuff.

There are different types that you can use. Some has a light tan tint to it, some is very clear. I didn't think any of them smelled too bad new, but they smell really bad once used. I also think that what Bill at SCP is doing is buying it in bulk and repackaging it in the small "no-name" containers.

Yeah I bought some of the "black" jugs from SCP

Factory replacement supercharger fluid. Check your fluid every 30,000 miles and refill as necessary. The fluid is to be checked using the "fill" plug located on the front of the supercharger. Remember, only check the fluid when the car is stone cold and when the car is on a level surface. Proper fluid level is when the fluid is level with the bottom of the threads on the supercharger case. Note, that I said the "case", not the fill plug itself! No fluid should be touching the plug.

so how much should it hold cold?

I ordered some supercharger fluid off of SCP and it came in some little bottles that look like shampoo bottles with no labels on them. I was just wondering if anyone new of what the fluid looked and/or smelt like? I just want to make sure they sent the right stuff before i put it in. Thanks.

If it smells like vomit, you got the right stuff.

If it smells like vomit, you got the right stuff.
The GM fluid doesn't have a bad smell as I recall, not great, but not bad.. the Ford synthetic fluid... peeeee-uuuwwwww! At least you KNOW when you pull the plug out that there's some in there. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'm running royal purple 10w in my red car until I get around to draining it and refilling with BP turbo oil. Anything is better than dry.

Back