Looking for Fiberglass hood strut part number

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Like the title says, I'm looking for part numbers for hood struts for my newly installed fiberglass hood. I know some have successfully used stock struts, but I know my luck.

I thought I remembered seeing somebody post the part number for lower rate struts, but I could find it while searching.

Anybody have the information?

would lincon mark 8 struts work? they use a fibre galss hood. I might have some but like I know where those are right now since I just finished moving less than a month ago, but atleast a cheap alternative for you.

John

The struts can be bought from Mc Master. They are the same brand as the stock ones. Grab the number off the stocker, and just find something with a lower force. You can get the exact force you need by doing a little simple math once you know the hood weight, pivot and mounting points and shock free-length.

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplC...s&sesnextrep=449193092780947&ScreenWidth=1680
That will probably work, but I was hoping I didn't have to do any math....I do enough of that already. I thought somebody had previously posted a part number for the hood struts that were purchased with a fiberglass hood.

I just picked up a pair from a member that dont lift the stock one anymore.

I will let you know how that works out.

I had one old worn out hold up the fiberglass hood just fine. So it does not take too much force for mine.

I am sure there are other members willing to sell out worn out ones for cheap.

Back