5 speed parts supplier

Hock

This company is located in Huston, Texas. It took me about a week to get the parts I needed with only one error with the order. Must of the parts look resonably priced though if you destroy your sliders be prepared to pay a decent amount for those. Their 1st-4th syncro rings are only $11.01 a ring. If you are planning on rebuilding your 5 speed I would recommend going through them for the parts.

http://www.mackstrans.com/FordRKE1991Thunderbird.html

Later,
Hock

Hey Hock,

This is awesome!!! Perfect timiming as I am looking into rebuilding my trans but didn't know where to buy the parts. Do they have like 'rebuild kits' for specific vehicles, or do I have to know what parts I need/want? If you don't mind me asking, what parts did you get? I haven't removed my tranny so not sure how many parts I will be needing.
Thanks... :cool:

EDIT: I just hit the link, and saw that it will narrow it down to what parts that are needed for our M5R2 tranny.

I assume the syncro rings you are speaking of were the blockers correct? If so do they have the OEM Style fiber backed blocker rings?

007- As far as the parts I bought these are it:

1st-4th Syncro Rings
Input Shaft Bearing
Mainshaft Bearing
Mainshaft and Countershaft Nuts
3rd Gear Assembly
3-4 Gear Slider Assembly

Now thats what I needed for mine. I had to get 3rd completely replaced (do to racing) because the syncro teeth on the gear and the slider where completely worn. The slider hurt the wallet the most at $176.

Duffy- The blockers as we call them are what this place calls syncro rings. The are not the fiber lined ones, they are brass.

Too let you all know, like I said before they did make one error with the order and that was the mainshaft nut. They sent me the wrong one. I had no problem with them in fixing that error and they sent me a new one free of charge.

ALSO!!!!! Make sure you tell them that you are ordering parts for the Ford RKE Thunderbird transmission. As some know there are some differences between the different versions of these Mazda 5 speeds.

Oh well. Brass blocker rings seem to be available in from a number of places, but at least this supplier has a whole package.

If anyone could find a supplier for the fiber lined rings that would be great.

Too let you all know, like I said before they did make one error with the order and that was the mainshaft nut. They sent me the wrong one. I had no problem with them in fixing that error and they sent me a new one free of charge.

I just got mine back from my builder, so I can't wait to get it installed. I got my parts from southern gear.

1st-4th gear blocker rings - carbon fiber
Reverse gear blocker rings - brass
5th gear blocker rings - brass
main shaft nut
counter shaft nut
front and rear seals

The counter shaft nut is the same between the F-150 M5R1, Ranger M5R1, and Thunderbird M5R2.

The main shaft nut is the same between the Ranger M5R1, and Thunderbird M5R2, they probably sent you the F-150 M5R1. It sounds like this is a common mistake.

My blocker rings were fiber, but not OEM. From other threads on SCCOA, I'm led to believe they are carbon fiber. I couldn't get them to tell me what transmission they were cross referenced from.

Last edited:
OK... got my fiber-lined blockers in this week. Paid through the nose for them.. that is I paid more for 4 blocker rings than I did for the car itself.. :rolleyes: I'll let yall know how they work out. :D

Goto Ebay and in the seearch area cut and paiste this number. Will take you to a full rebuild kit with syncros.:cool:

Has anybody changed gear ratios in their M5R2, such as going to the same ones as the later version? Who sells the gears?

Back