PDA

View Full Version : T-Housing

JDC
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I have a 90 SC and as usual the themostat housing is warped. I've used a band sander, to flatten it out, but to know avail. need a good one, does anyone have a good one for sale, I live in Orlando, FL. Thanks, JDC

the-big-e
09-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I have one......

I need a zip code so I can figure shipping costs....

SuperChicken89
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
JD.... I had to double gasket the T-stst housing after trueing mine. When you plain down the sealing surface, the recessed area where the T-stat sits is also reduced. I found on mine that the T-stat sat higher than the recessed area causing the non-seal problem. I used two gaskets to seal mine. The gasket which mates up to the T-stat housing was opened up so that the T-stat would pass through the gasket and the second gasket was left alone. I bonded the two gaskets together and then applied a thin coat of RTV sealant to their surfaces. I let the RTV dry overnight and then assemblied the entire unit. No more T-stat housing leak:D

Good luck!

Bryan

89tird
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
lay a sheet of sandpaper on a glass surface or table .grab the housing and sand it down until all of the sealing surface is shiny .

Cobra85
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
I have a 90 SC and as usual the themostat housing is warped. I've used a band sander, to flatten it out, but to know avail. need a good one, does anyone have a good one for sale, I live in Orlando, FL. Thanks, JDC

None of those Cougar / T-birds at LKQ had one?

JDC
09-13-2008, 05:17 PM
None of those Cougar / T-birds at LKQ had one?
Nope young man they didn't. The ones that had weren't the the right ones.There wasn't a SC there ether.Thanks for the come back. JDC

INDANGERED_BIRD
09-14-2008, 08:13 AM
you pull & pay on jetstream dr. has a sc there a friend of mine was there last week not to sure what parts are left

let me see if i can get a new one on monday

JDC
09-14-2008, 01:04 PM
you pull & pay on jetstream dr. has a sc there a friend of mine was there last week not to sure what parts are left

let me see if i can get a new one on monday

Thanks there young man but I got one on the way.If the one I get isn't any good I'll Thread ya.Don't know when I get it I think maybe Tuesday or Wensday,I don't buy things on the web much so this will be a new thing with me. I think I know where you are talking about but just in case where is that pull and pay? Thanks for that come back.JDC