Car update

Toms-SC

I don't know if anybody really cares about my progress anymore but I figured I let you all know anyways. ;) *Tag Kene, your it!* I've been pretty damn lazy and slowly loosing interest in my SC but the shoot out has brought some of my love back for the big blue bird.

Over a month ago I installed a DD Street Heads & Cam & Intake package. If you all remember my thread about cam's you'll understand I was seeking something totally different then what others are going for on this forum. DD although reluctant built me heads and cam exactly how I wanted, for the street. To that I thank him!

The install was total chaos only been given 3 weeks notice to get my junk together because DD was on his was to Alberta and I still had to build a shop to work in. Scraping down the timing cover gasket while the engine was in the car was a nightmare. If anybody were to attempt this I'd highly advise just pulling the engine. I'm happy to report that nothing broke during the install. While the car was apart I put in my Griffin radiator and BHJ balancer.

Lets talk about radiator hoses. Specifically the upper radiator hose. With a MP FMIC + Griffin radiator it fits like serious ~~~. Not impressed. I have less then 1/2 clearance between the hose and the supercharger belt. Under engine load that reduces even further.

So the total modifications done this time around was heads/cam/intake/rad/bhj. DD did a light tune which was not even really needed.

Note: I did nothing to O/D the blower further. Holding the O/D at 12%.

+35 HP +Similar torque for a total of 274 HP @ the wheels. Boost is 7 pounds mid throttle 11 pounds WOT. With the swap I lost 4 pounds of boost! Talk about free flowing heads. Obviously more OD is needed.

I think its just interesting that the people here who claim 300 HP is soooooooo easy to achieve never really hear of stories like this one. Here you go. It's not easy to get these cars to perform. This car has everything under the moon done to it now besides more OD.

The car has developed a strange stalling in reverse problem that is intermittent and it does sound like a 'sewing machine' in the cabin with the push rods and roller rockers making noise. Am I happy? Yes. Its still a fun car to drive when running.

My move forward is to cheat. I want to level the boost off at 15 pounds WOT and I'm hitting it with a 35 shot of juice.

:p

so what is so different about your cam and head package? why was dave reluctant to build them for you?

They are too mild for his taste :p I wanted them for the street so he ported them different from one build for the strip. The cam is similar to a Compcam Stage I.

Back