Vacuum lines, where are they?

Specttor

Hi all I had recently finished a repair of both head gaskets on my 91 thunderbird SC and after it was all said and done she starts no prob but doesn't want to stay running. She drops to really low RPMs and eventually stalls out. I was told this could be due to a vacuum leak by several people on here and another off site. I have checked the lines(those that I think are vacuum lines) and I don't seem to find anything out of place. I was wondering if someone may be able to point out the locations of the lines so I can recheck them a little more thoroughly. I thought that it may have been old fluids but it seems I was wrong. I have a attached a few pics of my engine in case someone can point them out from the pics alone. If you need a better pic tell me what you need to see and I will get it. I can't seem to find any diagrams of the vacuum lines that make a lot of sense to me. Thanks in advance. Also I would love any other suggestions as well, thanks again.

Attachments

• Engine 001.jpg
    Engine 001.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 928
  • Engine 002.jpg
    Engine 002.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 516
  • Engine 003.jpg
    Engine 003.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 617
  • Engine 004.jpg
    Engine 004.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 546
if u could get a better pic of around the throttle cables, like around the pcv egr area, that would be better. do u have egr ? and also what did you use to seal up the intercooler tubes ? the tubes themselves can also creat a vacuum leak.

if u could get a better pic of around the throttle cables, like around the pcv egr area, that would be better. do u have egr ? and also what did you use to seal up the intercooler tubes ? the tubes themselves can also creat a vacuum leak.

Forgive me but I am not on a short for basis yet with my parts. What are you talking about when you say PCV EGR?

Pcv/egr

The PCV valve from the pass/side valve cover has a metal line that turns into a rubber hose connected to the back of the inlet plenum/throttle body side.
The metal part of it also has a plastic line coming from the pass/side fender that connects to the metal line.

Make sure to clamp down the vacuum hose ends as I see they aren't on the inlet plenum and return plenum.Actually you should replace all vacuum lines due to being very old.

Also make sure you have the fuel pressure regulator hose hooked up to the back of the return plenum, its a short line like 4" or so.

The EGR valve if your car has one is behind the inlet plenum which connects to your exhaust manifold, that to has a vacuum hose which runs to like a small square box which is the egr transducer usually bolted to the firewall.

Hope this helps you out.

Tom

Back