picking up 94 sc

blownbird2

hey everybody like it says in the next few days im going to be picking up a 94 auto . car has 130k on it runs 100% but has factory h/g's. i really want to do them befor i do anything but at 130k is that to much to start putting toys on?? the motor doesn't make a sound no knocks ,ticks, bangs or raddles. but it it still worth it with that milage. i drove it the car flys. im just worried about bottom end problems.

hey everybody like it says in the next few days im going to be picking up a 94 auto . car has 130k on it runs 100% but has factory h/g's. i really want to do them befor i do anything but at 130k is that to much to start putting toys on?? the motor doesn't make a sound no knocks ,ticks, bangs or raddles. but it it still worth it with that milage. i drove it the car flys. im just worried about bottom end problems.

Before you start cranking boost up or anything like that you'll want to free up the exhaust some. And someone will have to correct me if im wrong but weren't the head gasket issues somewhat fixed with the 94/95's? As for the bottom end, I think that'll be perfectly fine.

Sean

I would get some kind of aftermarket oil pressure guage on it. As long as you have solid oil pressure you should be fine to build the car up a little. But as said before, free up the exhaust first...

Miller was running 12.7's with his high mile shortblock

I say go for it

Do arp studs and standard felpro blue head gaskets. A cam and ported heads be nice about that time as well...At the very least Id do new springs and valve seals while I was at it

Last edited:
I would get some kind of aftermarket oil pressure guage on it. As long as you have solid oil pressure you should be fine to build the car up a little. But as said before, free up the exhaust first...

just a question what should i see for oil pressure?
my 93 and my89 both had 20-25 hot.

Back