95 AC Lower Pressure Line Fix

Are you referring to the Low side charging valve? The one with the blue cap? If so, you may be able to wrap some teflon tape around the threads and just reinstall the cap. Then even if the valve has a leak, the system wont.

It's fixable

On my 95 the AC lower pressure valve is leaking. I don't see any way to replace the valve. How do I fix this?

Theere is a small aluminum fitting on the line so the AC Gauges can hook up. It simply turns out very easily. Use a pari of pliers and it should come out. Find a good AC Shop and they should be able to hook you up with another valve.

Make sure system has been emptied and a vacuum pulled first.

Smitty

Theere is a small aluminum fitting on the line so the AC Gauges can hook up. It simply turns out very easily. Use a pari of pliers and it should come out. Find a good AC Shop and they should be able to hook you up with another valve.

Make sure system has been emptied and a vacuum pulled first.

Smitty

So I'm assuming there's no valve under the fitting which would be why the system should be drained and vacuumed correct?

>Make sure system has been emptied and a vacuum pulled first.

He can't pull a vacuum if he has a leak :rolleyes:

So I'm assuming there's no valve under the fitting which would be why the system should be drained and vacuumed correct?
Yes, there IS a valve inside the fitting. Its like one of the valve for your tires. If you try my teflon tape idea, you might be able to get by with just having it topped off.

Fotosmurf080500022.jpg

Fotosmurf080500022.jpg

OKAY..... This isn't like my 90 SC A/C valves was. That system had what looked like an air valve on the end of the fitting. Soooo, on the 95, I think I'll drain the system before I remove the fitting. I've got some new valves but I don't see how they go into this type of fitting as there seems to be a ball and socket type of valve on the end of the fitting instead of the "air valve". Maybe I can get a new fitting instead. Once I get it off, I'll take some pictures of it and post here.

Hope that makes some sense.

>Hope that makes some sense.

You know what makes sense?

Taking it to a shop instead... :)

>Hope that makes some sense.

You know what makes sense?

Taking it to a shop instead... :)

I'll stop by the drug store on my way to the shop to get a jar of KY so I don't get it dry. If I wanted to go to a shop I wouldn't post here. I know how to discharge my A/C and vacuum it. I wouldn't take my bird to a shop, not for this. The last time I did something like this, PepBoys tried to bill me $300.00 for a diagnostics and an another estimate for another $1000.00 to replace a $18.99 part that I replaced in 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Once I get it off, I'll take some pictures of it and post here.

Hope that makes some sense.

Is there a way you can post pics first, then maybe we can help you figure out what the part is that you are referring to? Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Back