NGK G-Power spark plug

Cougarfetish

Stay away from these spark plugs. They were recommended as an "OEM" replacement from my auto parts store, and they made my car run all kinds of funny ways.

Just thought I'd make a thread for it to save someone the grief of searching posts.

Cheers,

-Derek

>They were recommended as an "OEM" replacement from my auto parts store, and they made my car run all kinds of funny ways.

Wasn't it acting funny w/the junk yard plugs you tried? What brand(s) were they?

I believe there was some confusion in the other thread I was writing (if that's what you're referring to KMT). I initially tried some junkyard wires, not plugs. I only bought new plugs of course. Just tried the wires AFTER it started acting up after the plug change. I did end up buying Brand New Beldon wires.

It was definitely the plugs, cleared it right up. And after a long time digging in posts, I found another person saying to stay away from these plugs. Only I had already done all this work (NEW wires, Coil Pack, DIS) before finding this post. That's why I wanted to make a thread with that name in the title.

I'm sure their plugs are great, but this type is just not meant for our cars. I should clarify... I have a 1990 Cougar XR7, no mods.

Cheers,

-Derek

>I initially tried some junkyard wires, not plugs.

Makes sense now, thanks.

Hope it stays happy for you :)

Again....

I'm not knocking NGK all together. I heard the V-Power plugs work great for our cars.

HOWEVER. the G-Power plugs WILL make your car run poorly.

-Derek

Hahaha! I just think the Iridium plugs are designed more for the overhead cam high rev motors.

Autolite's Rule American V6's and V8's pushrod engines.

Back