Bad Stumble at WOT...please help???

black_bird89

Ok I've had problems with the EGR Pressure sensor vacuum line staying on and when i went to put a clamp on it it broke off the tubing so I just sealed it off and am not using the EGR pressure sensor anymore...

I have no Vacuum leaks...I cant figure out why it stumbles during acceleration like last night i gave it full throttle and it damn near shut completely down on me(while racing my buddies jeep mind you) can anyone help me?

TO SUM IT ALL UP:

No more EGR I blocked it off because of broken tubing

NO Vacuum Leaks

And Stumbles/Hesitates real bad during acceleration and WOT

Did you unplug the electrical connector on the EGR sensor? It'll cause a CEL which you'll just need to live with.

Frit

I don't believe that the EGR transducer would cause your problem. I've had mine disconnected before and it caused no driveability problems or stumbling during acceleration. I think you've got a leak in the IC tubing maybe sucking in excess air. Spray some brake parts cleaner on every joint and connection and see if the rpm picks up. If so, there's your leak.

Have you done a tune up? Bad plugs and wires tend to cause stumbling at WOT...If your car idles fine, I think your right that you don't have any vaccuum leaks...

I don't believe that the EGR transducer would cause your problem. I've had mine disconnected before and it caused no driveability problems or stumbling during acceleration. I think you've got a leak in the IC tubing maybe sucking in excess air. Spray some brake parts cleaner on every joint and connection and see if the rpm picks up. If so, there's your leak.

I was more wondering if he had left it plugged in, not if it was unplugged. He should unplug it if he hasn't :rolleyes:.

Frit

I just had bad hesitation/stumbling at WOT.

CHanged plugs and wires, working great now.

Always start with the simple stuff I'd say. When was the last time these were replaced?

yeah im gonna do a tune up here in a few days since....yeah no vacuum leaks i'll have to check the IC tubing and the egr sensor was still plugged up...I'll try the tune up and give you guys a update

Here's what I would do:
  • Check for vacuum line, IC tube, manifold and injectors for vacuum leaks.
  • Check your coil and replace with a known good.
  • Check your crank and cam sensors and replace with know good.
  • If your plugs and wires are old (I mean 70-100k miles) or in question replace them.

are you SURE there are no vac leaks? what all have you checked? did you remove the egr solenoid on the rear of the driver's side head? what about the dpfe sensor down behind the pass. side head, with the two rubber lines running to it? there should have been a red and green vac hose going to that solenoid.

cap off your throttle body, pull a vac line off, and pressurize that baby... listen for hissing... running, your car is under vaccuum, but pressurize the intake to 15 psi, and you're testing it at a simulated full load, which can cause air to leak around vac lines that are old, and not sealing properly.

and by the way, i chased the boost bucking demon myself, turned out to be plug wires.... just a thought. ;)

Back