walbro 255 pumps

Bacondoggy

I have seen a few different model #'s for these pumps on ebay - what model # are most people here using on our cars? Thanks!

The pumps you find on Ebay are typically not the Forced Induction versions. They work fine, but just so you know there is a higher performance version available.

Last edited:
the good one is the walbro gss 341 right Dave? i hope i got the right one:eek: this may help some people it is a flow chart of a 255 walbro pump at diffrent volts.

Attachments

• flowtest-walbro.gif
    flowtest-walbro.gif
    76 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The pumps you find on Ebay as well as the one SCP sells (last time I checked) are not the Forced Induction versions. They work fine, but just so you know there is a higher performance version available.

Uh! Oh! So the one in the link is not the right one?

so,GSS340 then I assume? any other high pressure models that are made? No offence to SCP - I know they have good products, but they are a bit too pricey for me. I can get one new for about half their price (yes its a walbro GSS340). I was wondering if they made other models that wouldn't be "overkill" - I am pretty sure I am going to keep my injectors stock - you cant put bigger # injectors in our car without a tune, correct?

The 340/341/342 are all 255FI pumps but the 340 is the one with the correct outlet to fit the SC fuel pump filter sock. SCP can get you the right pump but you need to ask for it, not sure on the price difference if any. Keep in mind that you'll need the correct filter sock and other small parts if you buy your pump from a non Thunderbird source as they are non-reusable.

You can run bigger injectors without a tune per-se but you'll want to get either a matching larger MAF or a chip. Preferably both.

bump - anyone have info on what you need if you have the pump, but not the rest of what comes in the "kit"?? Also, is this pump overkill for having sotck injectors?

Some of the V6 Mustang guys are running an SVT Focus pump that is a 308 lph or somewheres near that. Any reason we wouldn't run that?

well I e-mailed the guy, and he said the auction is only for the pump - so where would I get a prefilter and wiring plug?

yeah I double checked with the guy, that is just a generic picture. He even said the real pump has a red top. I am just trying to find the other parts (anyone???) before I spend near a hundred dollars for a part...

anyone here know if the mustang kits like Jamez found will work for our cars??? I see the pump is the same - but as for the kit... are those parts the same for the stangs, as for our cars???

Back