ARC shock bushings...........

ecyrbh

The lower bushings on the rear ARC shocks on my 91 are badly dry rotted and squeeky.The ARC system still works perfectly,however, has anyone replaced these bushing before and what did you use.Please help,The noise is getting bad.........Bryce

Are you talking about the rubber pieces where the shock mounts to the lower control arm? If so.. you can loosen the bolt and spray some silicon all around it and the washers and tighten it up again.

>The lower bushings on the rear ARC shocks on my 91 are badly dry rotted and squeeky.

I'd consider that a tip that the shocks themselves are due for replacement - new bushings should come with them.

Otherwise, a good soaking w/silicone spray will mask the squeaks while driving around shopping for new units ;)

Not what I really wanted to hear,The bushings are dry rotted so bad that pieces of them are squishing out and are very hard,not rubber like at all.The car rides good and the shocks work fine,I guess I'm going to try to cobble something..........

Bryce,

I had the same issues. I just replaced the bushings with the link GSX posted and it helped. Its an easy install.

Thanks,Dahoopd and 99GSXR750,I knew someone out-there would steer me in the right direction,I feel like an idiot for not searching or looking at SCP to begin with.......Bryce

Back