PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control/Horn

Nettlesd
09-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Any of you guys know anything about the cruise control/horn on a 94/95 SC?

If you remove the air bag, there are two plastic strips on each side that activate the horn. At the top of these strips are two connectors, one of top and one on the bottom. The one on the top has a wire running to the other strip and plugs into its top connector and then connects to the cruise control. The bottom connectors for both of these strips run back to the cruise control buttons also but are not connected to each other like the top connectors.

My question is this. Do the top connectors on the strips control the horn or the cruise control?

racecougar
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Duane, could you get a picture? It's been awhile since I've messed with the steering wheel wiring on a 94+.

Quik95SC
09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Any of you guys know anything about the cruise control/horn on a 94/95 SC?

If you remove the air bag, there are two plastic strips on each side that activate the horn. At the top of these strips are two connectors, one of top and one on the bottom. The one on the top has a wire running to the other strip and plugs into its top connector and then connects to the cruise control. The bottom connectors for both of these strips run back to the cruise control buttons also but are not connected to each other like the top connectors.

My question is this. Do the top connectors on the strips control the horn or the cruise control?

Duane,
The Horn and Cruise are controlled only using 3 wires I believe. The other 2 wires in the steering wheel area are for the Air bag. Here is why I say this, I just repaired the ribbon cable inside the plastic housing and was amazed to see only 5 lines inside the ribbon cable. At the time my cruise, horn, didn't work and my airbag was giving me a 32 DC, which was drivers side airbag circuit high resistance. It was because the ribbon cable had broke all 5 lines, so nothing on the steering wheel worked.
Of course the wires with the yellow sleeve around them are the air bag wires and the other connector controls the cruise and horn. I am not sure what you mean by top connectors and bottom connectors.

Are you referring to the metal strips just behind the airbag ? Or the connectors that come through the streeing wheel from the back side?

Let me know, Hope this helps in some way!

Smitty

Nettlesd
09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Rod,

I don't have a digital camera.

Smitty,

Yes, I'm talking about the metal strips on each side just behind the airbag. I think they are metal/plastic with two screws/springs holding them down. If you look, you will see that a wire from the cruise control attaches to the top of the strip and then another attaches to the underside on the top of the strip. You will know what I'm talking about once you see it.

Thunder95
10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/steelblue2001/DSC02145.jpg

I took a look at it and can't figure it out. :confused: Here is a pic:

-Joel