High Injector Duty Cycle

fastsc92

Finally got around to installing my Innovate stuff and was playing around with logging some channels.

I just switched over to 60lb injectors and was surprised to see 80% duty cycle at the end of a short 2nd gear pull. Does anything look out of the ordinary?

The red trace is Duty cycle
Purple Trace is A/F Ratio
Black Trace is RPM

Please note that the tune is purposely set rich(10.0) so that I could tune my MAF curve safely.

untitled.jpg

That's normal. Running that rich is really taking a lot of fuel. Once you get tuned out you'll find you are probably more like 75% duty cycle at max rpm.

Sounds good, thats all I needed to know.

I'm still getting used to this software, but overall, the signals are clean and I'm happy with that. I always had a lot of trouble with the PLX stuff.

All of my 9 signals work perfect except the ignition advance(need to work on that) and my MPH. I believe I need to use the built-in VR amplifier for it to work rather than just tap into the signal.

Dave, do you have any experience with logworks? Do you know if you can display two gauges, with two different units from the same channel?

Basically I want to display MAF voltage and also display MAF in kg/hr by using the MAF curve as a conversion table.

To display the MAF in kilgrams/hr you have to first correct the transfer function. To that you need the MAF voltage values. Once you have the curve dialed in, then you could just upload the transfer function in terms of kg/hr so that your datalogs read kg/hr. Not quite what you had in mind but probably the best alternative. Other than that if you have an additional channel, then you could log MAF on both channels and just enter the transfer function into the 2nd one.

To display the MAF in kilgrams/hr you have to first correct the transfer function. To that you need the MAF voltage values. Once you have the curve dialed in, then you could just upload the transfer function in terms of kg/hr so that your datalogs read kg/hr. Not quite what you had in mind but probably the best alternative. Other than that if you have an additional channel, then you could log MAF on both channels and just enter the transfer function into the 2nd one.

Yea that's what I figured. I knew I had to upload a correct transfer function, but it would be useful in the future to have two values. Then I could know the voltage and the kg/hr. I always used to log the voltage, but it's nice to know the airflow values as well, rather than interpolate it with the voltage since it's an exponential curve.

I'm using the MAF to calculate load, which needs to be in terms of airflow. Otherwise I'd stick with voltage.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
Back