Trans coolers

the-big-e

The first picture is what I am running now....:eek:

My engine temps are starting to rise and I think that trans cooler along with a plugged up radiator are the culprits....:rolleyes:

I am thinking of mounting this power steering cooler that I got from a Taurus SHO to the under side of the front bumper....

It should get excellent air flow.....

Attachments

• Trans cooler.jpg
    Trans cooler.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Trans cooler (1).jpg
    Trans cooler (1).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Trans cooler (2).jpg
    Trans cooler (2).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 127
I don't like the tube and fin colers like what you have, they don't work very well at all. Hayden 679 coolers mount really well in our cars. Pull the hood latch, put 2 sheet metal screws in it and put the hood latch back. You do have to bend the outside air temp sensor bracket for clearance, or relocate it with another sheet metal screw.
Alan

I don't like the tube and fin colers like what you have, they don't work very well at all. Hayden 679 coolers mount really well in our cars. Pull the hood latch, put 2 sheet metal screws in it and put the hood latch back. You do have to bend the outside air temp sensor bracket for clearance, or relocate it with another sheet metal screw.
Alan

Alan,

What's your web site, again.....

I don't know anything about that type of cooler but it says not for street use which makes me ask the question, will it cool the fluid over long periods of use? No air can pass through it so how does it cool besides having the fins around it?

Back