Inline fuel pump's

Douglas Walker

Im looking for an inline fuel pump. Im converting over to a fuel cell. What is the recommended pump rating for say 400rwhp? May never hit that number but just looking to have it there if the day comes.

Or what inline pumps are compariable to the walbaro 255lph? Trying to keep it under $200 for the pump..

Im running all braided ss fuel line. 8an supply and 6an return.

thanks
Doug

got to go bigger

currently set up with 42# injectors and ill be just under or right at 20#'s of boost im guessing after all is said and done..

You will need bigger than that.:eek: I had a set of 60 maxed out with that much boost.:mad: They were running at 90% duty cycle. :confused:So if that is what I had and you are still running 42's then you might run into other issues..:eek:..Good luck with it..........Rich

I know ill be running into injector problems but that wont be till next summer. Im just running with what I have. Im just wanting to buy the right fuel pump the first time.

>Im just wanting to buy the right fuel pump the first time.

Might be more like 'pumps'...

Not really excited about buying two pumps.

So what is the difference with the walbaro 255lph pump you can upgrade to in tank and WALBRO 255 LPH IN-LINE EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP KIT GSL392.

Why wouldnt the external pump work? Just a question

Is the fuel cell configured for internal? Does it come with one?

It sounds like you'll be working beyond what a single 255 lph pump can deliver. If you set up now with a pair of 255's and a regulator, running one pump to each rail on the engine and one return to the tank, you'll have what you need for both the short and long term.

If you scrimp now, you risk running lean and spending money on engine internals, so either way you'll be spending money.

Speed costs money...how fast you wanna go? :)

more flow

Not really excited about buying two pumps.

So what is the difference with the walbaro 255lph pump you can upgrade to in tank and WALBRO 255 LPH IN-LINE EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP KIT GSL392.

Why wouldnt the external pump work? Just a question

You will need more flow. The 255 is not enought pump. Granted the in line pump will help, but you might want to look at redoing the complete fuel system. I had to as did a few others just to try and keep the car from running lean........Rich

You can get them cheaper then that. The point is after a fuel cell and all braided lines...$300 bucks shouldnt be a holdup in the system..Not to mention you need a prefilter because you will no longer be using a sock and a post filter.

It will add up

You can get a used A1000 pump relatively cheap..

I have in the past ran two inline bosch pumps that I found used for pennie son the dollar as well

>$300 bucks shouldnt be a holdup in the system - It will add up

Clapping.gif

Before I even started the thread I new it was gonna cost me. I just thought there was a chance that i missed something in my searching. But no luck this time. Appreciate the replies...

thanks
Doug

what is the maximum pressure that these pumps can deliver? I see that they are rated at 45psi. I'd like to think about a fuel cell in the winter, but I'm seeing 65psi on my set-up now with my 255lph. What pressures do they run at?

Doug,

also keep in mind that external inline pumps are not cooled by fuel therfore they tend to run hotter, in turn heating the fuel...And also limiting teh lifespan when comparefd to an intank typed fuel cooled pump.

You will see Aeromotive and a few others use pump controllers to run thier pumps at lower volumes when deman dis not needed, increasing the lifespan of the pump and decreasing the heat. I have never personally used a pump controller but have never run a high performance inline pump on a daily basis either. my reccomendation is that bigger is not always better. In other words you really dont need an A1000 pump and a smaller one such a tsunami may be better suited...Check all the manufacturers as well

Back