PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixed the "clicking noise" near my rear wheel.

Kurt K
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
For several years now, I've had a clicking noise that sounded like it was coming from the left-rear wheel. I even changed axles in the pits at a Shootout one year because the clicking was so loud. Well, after test driving the car after fixing another problem, the clicking was bad. The clicking would go away when the brakes were applied. I thought it might be a wheel bearing, it wasn't.

The clicking noise was caused by the rear brake pads....they were clicking against the caliper. The reason they were clicking was because the springs on the top of the pads were bent. I bent them back into their original shape and now I no-longer have a clicking noise.

KMT
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
>The reason they were clicking was because the springs on the top of the pads were bent.

Ah yes.... anti-rattle clips - what bent them out?

Kurt K
09-24-2008, 11:57 PM
>The reason they were clicking was because the springs on the top of the pads were bent.

Ah yes.... anti-rattle clips - what bent them out?I have no idea how they got bent.....now if I can spend some time re-siliconing my poly bushing so they stop squeaking.

David Neibert
09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I have no idea how they got bent.....now if I can spend some time re-siliconing my poly bushing so they stop squeaking.

Glad you figured it out....BTW, I thought you were leaving for Dayton this evening.

David