keyless entry ?'s

ndoftyme69

ok so i'm tryin to figure out if this can be done...my 92 doesn't have keyless entry but what i wanna know is the wiring for the keyless entry still hooked up to everything just without a keypad on the door? the reason i wanna know is i wanna buy a remote start system and if the car is equipped with keyless entry you can use more of the remote start kits features like popping the trunk and stuff...i think it would be cool to be able to use all of the features of the remote start system like unlocking the doors and popping the trunk without having the keyless entry system...i'm thinkin the wires are in there somewhere for the keyless entry...any thoughts on this will help me out..thanx

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102655

Buy an aftermarket alarm w/keyless entry module that includes installation and let the monkeys sweat the details... If you insist on DIY, at least invest in some sort of manual that has some wiring diagrams to help out.

You do know how to open the trunk and unlock the passenger door using the keypad, right...?

attachment.php

Last edited:
yea i know how to do that on cars equipped with the keyless entry keypad but the car i wanna do this to does not have a keypad....thats why i'm tryin to figure out if maybe the wiring is still all there but just not hooked up...cuz if it is then i can prolly make the system work with a wireless remote...thanx for the diagram and the help...:)

>but the car i wanna do this to does not have a keypad

If it has power door locks and factory trunk release and no keypad you can at least use those solenoids...how it hooks up might depend on which kit you buy. Yet another reason to have someone else that works with these things for a living do the job - its not like you'll learn something you'll have an opportunity to use again & again.

Have you priced kits yet?

yea i priced a few kits from autocommand...thats the same brand i used on my 89 LSC with no problems...they range from like 89.99 to like 324.99...but the more expensive ones have alarms too... but yea i was thinkin that maybe i can tap into the keyless system with the wireless system even tho i don't have a keypad... also the car does have power locks,power trunk,and fuel door... i want to have all that on a remote along with the doors when i shave the handles..lol..

>i want to have all that on a remote

Sounds like the +$300 kit - for that money, you might be able to negotiate to have the install included.

At least you don't have to buy actuators, etc.

Otherwise, chat up some local installers for advice on kits they know and hope they cut loose w/enough info (beyond the instructions w/the kit) that you can DIY w/whichever kit you get.

yea thats what i'm figuring (300 dolla one)..plus its got an alarm too...so i'll have all my power switches (locks,trunk,etc.)on remote along with the alarm and remote start...hopefully i can get all the buttons on one remote...lol...

Sounds doable - let me know if you need wiring diags...and please let me know if you can what the end result is. Good luck.

My car (1990 SC) has power doors, trunk, fuel door & keypad - previous owner had a basic alarm installed that I can't find modules for to use the remote aux buttons for doors/trunk. I put a gas lift on the trunk lid and would like remote same as your plan.

Looks like I'll have to ditch the current alarm & go the $300 route as well.

Here is another good source...

Keyless pinout if you need it:

Attachments

• KEYLESSPINOUT.gif
    KEYLESSPINOUT.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
cool..thanx for the help and yea i'll definitely let you know whats the end result is...i prolly won't start this project for a while..it was just something i was thinkin about...hopefully i can get into it soon...imma be out of commission for a lil while cuz i have surgery today so hopefully when i heal up i can put some time into the SC... thanx man

Possible to install factory keyless trunk module?

Is the wiring there on the drivers side (left side) of the trunk wall behind the trunk liner to install the factory system so you can use factory remotes? I dont need the key pad on the drivers door. Im just wondering if I buy the black box to plug it in and then program factory remotes and it be just like it came that way. I really dont like aftermarket stuff very much. (depending on what it is anyway)... Thanks!!!

Back