PDA

View Full Version : S/C pulley O/D - truth...

jimmy303
09-25-2008, 03:07 AM
I have seen many different opinions on this subject, and everyone has a different story to tell, and I have been given several different (and contradicting) answers to this question. How far on a S/C pulley swap can I go, before needing some serious engine upgrades? I want to stick with simpler performance enhancements, like an intake/exhaust reworking, ECU tweaking, and I may venture as far as an injector upgrade. But, honestly, I am trying to get some decent kick out of her, without veering too far away from stock.

And, if anyone says, NOS, I will personally drop a deuce in their Easter Basket...

KMT
09-25-2008, 03:38 AM
>everyone has a different story to tell, and I have been given several different (and contradicting) answers

Magnum Power's 'Power Recipes (http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_power_recepies.php)' offer some fairly trustworthy suggestions... Don't forget their raised top for starters - you are already running an IC fan, right...? What year is she?

doug93sc
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
You really can overdrive the blower a decent amount without any internal engine mods BUT you will need to upgrade your exhaust; in fact I would do the exhaust before any other mod.

Oh and a raised top is not worth the money and unless you have a good amount of work done....it will be useless.:eek:

CurtisPaulfrey
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
MP sells a 30% :eek:

David Neibert
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
5% jackshaft pulley, underdrives, IC fan, delete the air silencer and get an aftermarket resonator.

David

mannysc
09-25-2008, 09:17 AM
what david said + port exh manifolds free flowing cats.

and maybe some underdrive pulleys . you will be happy and not stray far away from stock .

superdadsc
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Double IC to keep the heat down under that hood. These things get way hot ie. pulled timing, head gaskets blowing! Need I say more. Then you can build off of that and the horrible restrictive resonator thats on there. Then your HG have a chance foe survival. Stephen

pablon2
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Remove the A/C condenser and put a puller fan on the IC.

mannysc
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
bronco ac unit is smaller and will allow air to get to ic unit . and retain ac

pablon2
09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
bronco ac unit is smaller and will allow air to get to ic unit . and retain ac

Agreed, hopefully he can find a 'good' used one or break down and buy a new one.

mannysc
09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
the placement of our inadiquate intercoolers/really aftercoolers is a joke .

pablon2
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
the placement of our inadiquate intercoolers/really aftercoolers is a joke .

At least the SCs have one so we don't have to remove a headlight when drag racing like some of the GTP boys do. Granted, once heat soaked, it is probably best to not have one at all. :rolleyes: