Anybody run the Vogtland springs?

RedFox

Anybody run the Vogtland springs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They show two drop levels. .75-1" and 1.6".

But no information on spring rates. Anybody know what the spring rate is and if they are progressive or linear?

Who in runs them and which version do you have? How do you like them? Lastly, did you achieve the advertised drop + or -.

Are there any other choices for our cars?

Thanks,
Den

I was thinking of these to get less of a drop. My car looks good stance wise but I about scrape everywhere. I;d be interested in teh spring rates for them as well...And if they are the same for all drops

According to the info I have the springs are progressive and the rates for the .75 inch drop springs is 315-412 front/530-650 rear. The 1.6 inch drop springs are 365-400 front/600-713 rear. I had to search long and hard for that info so I don't know that I could direct you to where I found it.

I have the 1.6 springs on one of my cars. Vogtland is big on advertising that the spring alloy they use is lighter than their competitors metal, which is why I tried them. They perform nicely; my only problem is that in combination with poly rear isolators the nose drops more than the tail. So if you try them, I would recommend avoiding the poly isolators in back.

Mercutio, great information.

Do you know how this compares to the Eibach 1.5"? I find the Eibachs a bit soft.

I had a vendor claim that the .75" Vogtland springs are actually closer to 1". Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
the .75 vogtlands I've seen.... I thought the car was stock, looked like a 4x4. The Eibachs give the car a great stance at 1.5" drop. The H&R's claim a little more in the front. Never seen the 1.6" Vogtlands.

Mercutio, great information.

Do you know how this compares to the Eibach 1.5"? I find the Eibachs a bit soft.

I had a vendor claim that the .75" Vogtland springs are actually closer to 1". Has anyone experienced this?

According to the old chart Rich put up at mn12performance.com, the Eibachs are 286-411 front/514-714 rear. The same chart listed stock SC spring rates at 349-403 front/509-637 rear.

As long as I'm at it:

H&R: 310-385 front/540-610 rear progressive
Tokico: 326/577 linear
Suspension Techniques: 432/631 linear

All I did was compile this information, so I can't guarantee its accuracy. Nonetheless it's the best information I can get.

Great info.

I really didn't think that the stock springs were progressive????? They sure didn't look like it. They weren't wound tight at one end and the loops more spaced at the other like the Eibachs.

I find that one suspect as well, but since I don't have a spring tester all I can do is wait for someone with better info to correct me on that point.

I've been running the 1" drop Vogtlands from the original GP over at TCCOA since about 2003-2004. I'm not certain that they kept the same spring rates/height after that GP, but in my experience they feel a bit firmer than Eibachs.

Is there another spring company that makes springs for our cars that is linear and stiffer then the Suspension Techniques springs?

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

I have their springs... can't recall which drop I ordered. Considering I have koni shocks, and different wheels and tires from stock, telling much about the ride as a comparison is useless. If I soften up the Koni's, the ride quality is better than my other car with the stock springs, say on a long drive with highway expansion joints and stuff.

With 17" wheels, I could have gone lower but it's hard enough getting a floor jack under there as it is.

I've been running the 1" drop Vogtlands from the original GP over at TCCOA since about 2003-2004. I'm not certain that they kept the same spring rates/height after that GP, but in my experience they feel a bit firmer than Eibachs.

Do you remember if you got a good 1" drop from these springs. Some vendors say they are .75" and others 1" ?

Just checked.
90sc stock suspension
rear - 29" from ground to bottom of fender lip
front - 28" from ground to bottom of fender lip

93sc vogtland springs
rear - 27" from ground to bottom of fender lip
front - 27" from ground to bottom of fender lip

So whichever spring set that means.

Do you remember if you got a good 1" drop from these springs. Some vendors say they are .75" and others 1" ?

My 94 dropped almost exactly 1" all the way around. I don't have a comparison on the XR7, as I installed the Vogtlands on it from the start. The XR7 does sit lower than the LX though. If you want to see pictures of the stance of both cars, just click on the links in my signature.

-Rod

Just checked.
90sc stock suspension
rear - 29" from ground to bottom of fender lip
front - 28" from ground to bottom of fender lip

93sc vogtland springs
rear - 27" from ground to bottom of fender lip
front - 27" from ground to bottom of fender lip

So whichever spring set that means.

Is that with the same size tire on both cars? You need to measure from the center of the hub to the fender lip in order to remove tire size from the equation.

Is there another spring company that makes springs for our cars that is linear and stiffer then the Suspension Techniques springs?

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

I'm pretty sure these are the stiffest non-custom linear springs for our cars. Eaton Detroit Spring will wind some up with just about any rate and drop you want, though. I have no experience with their quality, but they will make custom springs.

Also, here's a pic of my LX with the 1.6 Vogtlands.

DSC_9059.jpg

Is that with the same size tire on both cars? You need to measure from the center of the hub to the fender lip in order to remove tire size from the equation.

good point.

90sc stock suspension
rear - 16.25" from approx center of wheel to bottom of fender lip
front - 15.5" from approx center of wheel to bottom of fender lip

93sc vogtland springs
rear - 15" from approx center of wheel to bottom of fender lip
front - 15.25" from approx center of wheel to bottom of fender lip

give or take. I guess it may be that my front didn't drop quite as much as the rear, but i've found enough variability in all 4 corners of my car to account for such approximate discrepancies. (i.e., the right rear hub is a good 1/16" of an inch further away from the sub-frame than the passenger side)

Also, here's a pic of my LX with the 1.6 Vogtlands.

DSC_9059.jpg

Looks really good but not sure if its the skirts but my car seem to sit much lower with the Eibachs.

What is your measurement from center of the hub to the lower lip of the fender?

My Eibach car is 15"front and 15.25" rear. Stock is about 16.5" all around on my other SC with relatively new stock springs.

Back