Radiator fan issues!

Justin89SC

Im having trouble with getting my 95 SC's raditor fan to come on. If i pull the temp sensor, the fans come on, if i turn the A/C on, they DONT come on.

I checked all the fuses, and wiring and it seems to be ok.

I have heard of the little box that is bolted right before the stock air box and behind the headlights going bad and making this happen.

Any other suggestions?

Which fan comes on when you pull the temp sensor connector? You have a pusher and puller fan correct?

When you turn the A/C on , the low speed winding of the fan should come on. When you pull the temp sender, it may be the high speed winding coming on.

Typically the best thing to do is first verify the fan works with both windings. That requires jumpering 12v to both power wires one at a time to figure if they both will spin the fan.

You can also run the key on engine off diagnostic tests which will cycle the fan on during the test to see if control works.

Search a bit and you'll see all of this discussed in the past.

Which fan comes on when you pull the temp sensor connector? You have a pusher and puller fan correct?

When you turn the A/C on , the low speed winding of the fan should come on. When you pull the temp sender, it may be the high speed winding coming on.

Typically the best thing to do is first verify the fan works with both windings. That requires jumpering 12v to both power wires one at a time to figure if they both will spin the fan.

You can also run the key on engine off diagnostic tests which will cycle the fan on during the test to see if control works.

Search a bit and you'll see all of this discussed in the past.

Plug in a KOEO tester or jumper off the test connector. That should tell you if both low and high speed of the puller fan are working.

Back