PDA

View Full Version : Motor in, runs good, Zero Boost!

superdadsc
09-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Well the motor is in and she started up like a champ. Finally took her for her first run and there is no boost, zero. Gauge goes to like neg 20 and under had acceleration the boost gauge goes to zero. No blower whine, nothing. Exhaust is only manifolds and down tubes, can this effect the boost in anyway. Being it is belt driven I should hear the blower. No noise. Have a fellow SC'er coming over to take a look see. I do have my original blower, which I can put on. The one one their is a ported 95, my spare is not. Any help ot suggestions? :confused::confused: On the bright side I couldn't believe how hard it pulled with no blower!

Jacob_Royer
09-27-2008, 05:03 PM
By-pass valve stuck?? Major boost leak? no supercharger or jack shaft belt?

superdadsc
09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Belts are new, new HD Tensor springs. Stephen

CurtisPaulfrey
09-27-2008, 05:15 PM
what did you seal everything with? I used the orange/copper RTV and haven't had any problems....the black auto grade sealer didn't even last 5 pulls on the dyno before it started to blow out of the SC top and collar nut

post pics maybe its something simple ;)

superdadsc
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Good question, I will have to get back to you on that one. Stephen

Looks like it's black. Quess I should reseal everything!

nickleman60
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Just buy a set of the teflon gaskets and be done with it, they work absolutely fanstastic and are reusable.

CurtisPaulfrey
09-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Just buy a set of the teflon gaskets and be done with it, they work absolutely fanstastic and are reusable.

yes but they suck ~~~ with anything over 18-19 PSI

Looks like it's black. Quess I should reseal everything!

any auto parts store should have the copper/orange RTV......it says on the package "made for turbo cars"

this is what it looks like
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41P7A045PEL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

Agentorange88
09-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Okay I just got back from there and heres the thing. He has 10Hg on the vacuum gauge. The bybass valve opens but it doesn't seem like it's opening all the way. When you close it by hand and hit the gas you can slightly hear the blower whine, but if you don't you don't hear anything from the blower. Also has 10% JS pulley.

frdlvr30
09-28-2008, 12:43 AM
10" of Vacuum would tell me that you have a vacuum leak. I would reseal all of the IC system first. Especially if Black RTV was used...

351cat
09-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Be sure to check the PCV and climate control vac hoses. I found the little hose that attaches to the PCV hardline piece that goes to the climate control system was dry rotted and leaking. My boost gauge line was leaking too. Just thought i'd throw out some places to look. :)

GL and keep us posted.

superdadsc
09-28-2008, 07:34 AM
On the IC tubes if have teflon gaskets. Are those suppose to be just tightened down, or are they suppose to be tightened down with some type of sealant too?

I wiill be taking the car to get the exhaust put on. So trying to stay positive,

I have tunes(thanks agentorange88)
I can actually drive it
Fan on DIC is louder than the blower so it is a very unique sounding SC!
Have a pool of oil under the motor that is big enough for both my girls and my dog to play in!
Gauges are keeping me on my toes, no temp or oil, now no tach but I have boast gauge that works.
I like the check engine light with the abs brake light. looks nice at night

Stephen

frdlvr30
09-28-2008, 09:09 AM
No sealant on the Teflon gaskets!!!!

83GT460
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
10" of Vacuum would tell me that you have a vacuum leak. I would reseal all of the IC system first. Especially if Black RTV was used...

He has a cam so 10 in of vac isn't that low and if it has a bad enough vac leak to have zero boost the car most likely wouldn't idle at all. The only way you should see no boost is if the blower isn't turning or the rotors are totally fubar'd and moving no air. Blower top, IC leak, bypass sticking wouldn't yield zero boost just lower than normal.

Charles

frdlvr30
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
He has a cam so 10 in of vac isn't that low and if it has a bad enough vac leak to have zero boost the car most likely wouldn't idle at all. The only way you should see no boost is if the blower isn't turning or the rotors are totally fubar'd and moving no air. Blower top, IC leak, bypass sticking wouldn't yield zero boost just lower than normal.

Charles

Yes, you are correct. I didnt know we were dealing with an aftermarket camshaft...

nwnsc
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
blower coupler? i had a stock one go to pieces on me once. try takeing the top off and turning the rooters by hand wille holding the pully still to make sure it is not a blower issue.

CurtisPaulfrey
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
blower coupler? i had a stock one go to pieces on me once. try takeing the top off and turning the rooters by hand wille holding the pully still to make sure it is not a blower issue.

this is true! the MPX came from MP that way!

superdadsc
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Well some good news and bad. The exhaust was put on today so it doesn't sound like a tractor. The oil leak is coming from the oil cooler that has a seal in it. Leaking like a stuck pig. At least it wasn't rear main seal.

As far as boost goes, we noticed that the diaphram or what ever it is called that opens the butterfly behind the blower seems to stick and wasn't working properly. Used a little wd 40 and when the exhaust was finished boost is there. You can here the blower but the boost gauge still doesn't show boost, My butt, ear boost meter say's low boost 4 to 8lbs. Bringing the car to a ford speed guy that deals in crazy fast cars. Half the cars in his shop had parachutes:eek::eek: He also had a beat up SC way in the back like it was on top of a trash bin. I have that part from my other blower so if it needs to be replaced I have on. The quy that did the exhaust tried to get it out but couldn't get to the little bolts on the bracket on the bottom so it's still on. He said the blower and most of the intake would have to be taken off but I am not sure if someone else couldn't get to it.

Getting closer, I had fun driving it anyway. Even broken she was fun to drive.

Stephen

SuperSix
11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I was having similar symptoms over the last few months. I had removed the cowl cover to put a new wiper motor on and thought that I must have reconnected something wrong. Turns out, today I found my lower IC tube bracket was missing one of the bolts and dangling. I replaced the bolts and she breaks loose real easy-like now. Back up 14 on the boost gauge!