what projectors fit our headlight housings?

89tird

I just bought a plug and play hid kit for my 93 sc and I was just wondering what projectors fit inside the housing ? , acura tsx ??

to get any type of gain, you'll need to do a 96/97 front end conversion. for you, it means a 96/7 hood, headlights and header panel, make sure to get a 96/7 latch slider too, and you can use a 94-97 front bumper.

now, that said, there was someone on tccoa that successfully retrofitted projectors in 96/7 headlights, using volvo s40 projectors.

the headlights in question are actually for sale in the parts for sale section. ;)

I'm sure there is, but the reason he's saying go to the later ones is because they are crystal clear, and dont have the diffuser lines in 'em like the early ones do. :)

right.. with enough time and effort, you could clear out an old lense, but it would be slow and painstaking to do it without melting the lens... i'm sure it could be done, and would look pretty snazzy. just please, dont put them in yellowed out headlights. :D

good luck with your project, should you choose to pursue it, and keep us updated with PICS! :)

oh ok !! now i get it :D, hm i kind of like the earlier look of 89-93 so i guess im going to have to find new headlights.

thanks

just bear in mind that they dont make clear lense fascias in the 89-93 style or 94-95, you'll have to take and sand out a small section of the fluting on the inside of the lense to get the projector to shine right.

They'd probably still throw out more light than a halogen. There are kits out there that are plug and play and use a 9006 style bulb. All you do it plug your connector into their ballast, and then plug their harness into the bulb.

I just saw a kit on a bird at the shootout, but his is a 94 w/ 97 lights and it looked good. Almost like my Audi S4.

just got my hid kit today , its plug and play, hooked it up but didnt work :(, the fuses on the kit look good.. is the stock sc wiring to weak ?? or do i have to start the car to make them work ?

i put the old stuff back in place .. so i didnt try starting the car.. any ideas ?

just got my hid kit today , its plug and play, hooked it up but didnt work :(, the fuses on the kit look good.. is the stock sc wiring to weak ?? or do i have to start the car to make them work ?
It is plug 'n play, and the stock wiring can handle it, although I always recommend relays for all lights

i put the old stuff back in place .. so i didnt try starting the car.. any ideas ?
Try un-plugging and re-plugging the connections, and/or check for power going into the ballasts'.

I did my headlights a few years ago and it went smoothly. Last month I did my driving lights, and when I powered them up, the left side didn't work. I unplugged the bulb from the ballast and plugged it into the headlight ballast, and it worked. After returning the wiring back to the way it was, the left light worked, and has worked fine for the past month. Must have been a bad connection I guess.

Ya, no need to ground anything; plug your stock headlight plug into the ballast, then plug the ballast to the HID bulb, and mount the ballasts'. It really is that easy.

Hmm, I see a fuse on your harness's, but no extra wire ends. They must be there to protect the ballasts'. And yes the instructions are pretty lame. What do you expect for hi quality Chinese made product. :D

FYI, here are mine: headlights, driving lights

Thanks. No, yours look complete in the link, just that neither of my kits came with fuses. No worries with having them, they'll just offer added protection to the bulbs. I already re-wired all the lights with relays and fuses, so I'm protected.

If you have a 12v power source, hook the lights up and see if they work. You might be able to diagnose the problem before you install the kit again.

My buddy did them on his Mark 8 and had to switch something around in the kit. He's over on TCCoA, his sn is smittyd or smitty I think. You should ask him if you can't get it figured out. He said there was a difference between foreign and domestic cars in power and ground somewhere and he swapped something around and it worked, took 2 seconds.

ok i tried the ballasts directly to the battery with the hid and they work !! , so what could be my problem then ?

nm got it too work, had to flip over the connector that goes to the ballast :cool:, bright !!

Back