PDA

View Full Version : Epping Test and Tune Oct. 11th

fastsc92
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Well I was going to go to the track this Friday, but I think I'm going to wait until the next test session which is next Saturday. I finally got all my Innovate stuff installed and have been doing some tuning pending the weather. I can now log 9 channels of data, which is nice, and I also calculate a few more channels through the software.

The weather hasn't given me a break to sit down and tune it for an entire day, but the good news is that with an 11.5 ratio, my injector duty cycle is only 63% with these 60 lb-ers.:D

Anyone else want to go before the track closes in a few weeks? I'm hoping to get my times back where they belong.

SCrazy
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
I'd love to go. I'm going to pencil it in and we'll firm things up next week.

fastsc92
10-01-2008, 09:13 AM
It all depends on weather too.

The good news is that track prep is almost always top notch on test days. And since we're fillers for the other clases, you have about 45min between passes so your car can really have a chance to cool down.

The bad news is that you only get in about 5-7 passes ALL day(8am-5pm), and I believe the price this year is $33.

I still have to drain my bottle on the street and get a blow-down tube before I head back up there:rolleyes:

bigpoppa822
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I might be able to go up and watch you guys. It's gonna suck not having a car to run though.

Mikessupercoupe
10-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I may be going up there this friday if its not raining still, and I can leave early enough. The last time I went there traffic really sucked all the way up and I didn't get there until almost 8pm. By the time I got there the track prep was lousy.:mad:

Mike

SCrazy
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't think I can make it this Friday.

fastsc92
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I may be going up there this friday if its not raining still, and I can leave early enough. The last time I went there traffic really sucked all the way up and I didn't get there until almost 8pm. By the time I got there the track prep was lousy.:mad:

Mike

I was going to go this Friday, but I think I'll save my $$ and the extra week will give me time to tune some more, and I know track prep is always better on a test/race day. Plus, it's not as crowded. You have to wait longer, but there is never a rush to the lanes. Typically the test session group of cars is around 50 vs. 4,598,457,454 fart-can imports on a Friday night.:p

bigpoppa822
10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I was going to go this Friday, but I think I'll save my $$ and the extra week will give me time to tune some more, and I know track prep is always better on a test/race day. Plus, it's not as crowded. You have to wait longer, but there is never a rush to the lanes. Typically the test session group of cars is around 50 vs. 4,598,457,454 fart-can imports on a Friday night.:p

I saw an Evo 8 that Friday I was there with you and Brian. It was from NH and the license plate said VTECLOL, I got a kick out of it.

Mikessupercoupe
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM

I've been waiting for a couple of weeks now because of the stupid rain. I may go friday and go later with you guys.

Mike

fastsc92
10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
well cross out this date....Chevy Fest was added to that weekend. Looks like the ONLY available days left this season for test and tune are the 18th and 19th. Everything else is booked. Bummer....:(

SCrazy
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Dang......

fastsc92
10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Dang......

Street nights are still available, but they get packed towards the end of the season and they spend ZERO time on track prep at this stage of the year for street nights. Add in 45-50deg nights and you have less than ideal racing conditions. I'm still aiming for either the 18th or 19th...perhaps both.

Mikessupercoupe
10-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Anyone else going next weekend? I'll be up. Just don't know which day. I need practice with my launch.:D

Mike

fastsc92
10-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm aiming for Sat the 18th. I can't do Sunday, so I hope the weather is good. Get in touch with me towards the end of the week and maybe we can arrange to meet up. I have to do minor tweaks and get my bottle filled. I finally got a blow-down tube:rolleyes:

Mikessupercoupe
10-12-2008, 08:13 PM
COOL! Did you get that thing tuned yet? or is that the reason you are going?

What about Brian and Ricardo? Where are you guys? Lets get something going

for next weekend. I'm ready just need to change oil and plugs. Hey Ira, why

don't you bring that beast of yours too?:D

Mike

fastsc92
10-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Haven't really had a chance to get it tuned to it's full potential. Last time I was maxing out the injectors and this time I've been busy after I installed some 60lbers and haven't had a lot of seat time with it.

The good news is that my Innovate system is fully operational, and this weekend I constructed and installed a cold air divider and also an optical reference sensor to measure ignition advance.

I'll be in school all week, so I have little time to tune, but it'll get done before I go. I never mounted the tires for my skinnies so I'll just have to run the cobra r's which weigh a ton, but oh well. The car looks like hell, half in primer, half the interior is out of it, but runs like a raped ape. I haven't run the nitrous in almost 3 years so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.;)

But we should def. meet up and get there around 8 when the gates open, tech is at 9 and the testing starts at 10 I believe.

Mikessupercoupe
10-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I thought you and Ricardo had run your cars with the bottle a little while ago up there. I look forward to seeing that thing run. What size shot are you using?

I missed the Shootout this year so I figure to get a couple of days racing in before its too late. Went up friday and only got in a few runs, so saturday

sounds better maybe. I plan to get there early. Are you trailering or driving? I brought my ramp truck with my car on the bed and my buddys Grand Prix on the

wheellift. Which way do you go up? Should definately meet up.

Mike:D

Ira R.
10-12-2008, 10:54 PM
COOL! Did you get that thing tuned yet? or is that the reason you are going?

What about Brian and Ricardo? Where are you guys? Lets get something going

for next weekend. I'm ready just need to change oil and plugs. Hey Ira, why

don't you bring that beast of yours too?:D

Mike

Sorry, but the wife is taking me on real vacation and we get on the plane next weekend. Maybe next time.

Ira

Mikessupercoupe
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello Ira,

Had to ask. You did real good at the shoot out I hear. Congrats, I'm glad everything is getting sorted out for you. Now I have to work on my Driver mod.:D Like a dummy I waited til the end of the year to go racing. Now I'm trying to get in as much as I can before the season ends. Hope you enjoy your vacation. take care

Mike

fastsc92
10-13-2008, 12:19 AM
I've run the car on the bottle many times before my accident, since then, I only ran it once, coming up on 3 years ago.:( Last time we went up I didn't have a blow-down tube and couldn't get tech'd in with the bottle. I've been racing there for about 7 years and I've never had a problem with it. I got off my butt and got a tube, but I have to drain the bottle before I can install the new fitting on the valve. A few street runs should take care of it;)

I only run a 55 or a 65 shot, but I may step up to a 75 or 100 shot. I don't know how much the stock motor can take at this point, but I'm aiming for 11.5's. We shall see....

The car is usually at my parents house, which is only around 20min away, so I usually drive it up there, taking back roads. If you have a ramp truck, could be handy if one of us has some bad luck.

Mikessupercoupe
10-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Hopefully we will all be ok but if not thats what its for. I use to trailer up but uhaul was making too much money off of me. It probably cost me less money to drive my ramp than to rent a trailer and pull it with my Expedition. Not much less but I save a little. I was hoping we can get a couple others to go, but if not more runs for us. Give me a call or a number to reach you so we can meet up.

Mike
781 351 9741

Ira R.
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Hello Ira,

Had to ask. You did real good at the shoot out I hear. Congrats, I'm glad everything is getting sorted out for you. Now I have to work on my Driver mod.:D Like a dummy I waited til the end of the year to go racing. Now I'm trying to get in as much as I can before the season ends. Hope you enjoy your vacation. take care

Mike

Thanks Mike - I appreciate the invite. Yes, Xenia was good to us this year. I even learned how to take the passenger seat out of the car so now Brian's kid can live another year ;)

Hoping to get out one more time before the weather turns. Going down to Cecil County MD in a couple of weeks with the MAMN12 boys.

Yea, I "made" Gail come to OH this year so she decided to "make" me join her on a cruise for a couple of days. Nothing special really, just a quick 3 days of sun and rum to relax on before winter hits. My last vacation days of the year so no more days off or racing for me until next April or May I'm afraid.

Ira