5.0 5speed question

blownbird2

hey guys i picked up a 5.0 bird car runs 100% but like everyone of them is an auto which i dont want. i have all the m5r2 conv. peices but i dont know what flywheel to use. ?? i read something on here awhile back and i cant find it.
appreciate any help
matt

Either Rebalance a Supercoupes Flywheel to 5.0L Balance
OR
get a F150 Flywheel (forget years, but with a 5.0L and M5R2) and a F150 Starter...

And you will be VERY happy with the conversion :) Even thou i can't drive the car anymore.. I'm STILL happy that i did it like over 5 years ago now (one of the first known Online)

hey guys i picked up a 5.0 bird car runs 100% but like everyone of them is an auto which i dont want. i have all the m5r2 conv. peices but i dont know what flywheel to use. ?? i read something on here awhile back and i cant find it.
appreciate any help
matt

Matt,

Get a flywheel for a '92 F150 with 5.0L engine and manual transmission. Make sure the starter is for a manual transmission as well otherwise you will run into the same issue that I did when I did not know the parts store gave me a starter for an automatic.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

I think someone on here was selling an aluminum one with a stage II clutch here just recently. May want to look into that. I am doing that on my 357 build.

Chris

Back