95 5 spd dirt cheap

If it has been "branded" it's a parts car.
I know ont goverment was talking about putting in a law in that would not let you fix a write off car and put it back on the road.

I found out befor I tryed to get my car fixed for hail damage this year and was told it would be a write off as the damage is more then why they say the car is worth.:rolleyes:

The law is in place, but you can put it back on the road if it is branded "repairable" ,if its branded "salvage", then its a parts car, and can not be put back on the road.
Unfortunatly , this is more government "good intention" gone haywire..
There is a difference... huge.. between a car being torn to pieces in an accident and being patched back together and a car that is only written off because of superficial non structural damage "valued higher than blackbook"... its another way the insurance companies win.. you claim.. you end up paying anyway in higher insurance premiums.. if you don't claim.. they get your premiums for no usable service..
But, if the motor truely is a rebuild [ and done properly ] , then its worth looking at on that alone if you need a complete motor .
How much is dirt really going for these days though...!!!?..

I know ont goverment was talking about putting in a law in that would not let you fix a write off car and put it back on the road.

I found out befor I tryed to get my car fixed for hail damage this year and was told it would be a write off as the damage is more then why they say the car is worth.:rolleyes:

Close...

Salvage - can be repaired but will need a structureal certificate to be able to drive on the road. A big key here is that every part that is listed on the estimate for repair must be changed, if the headlight is good but it is written on the estimate-It must be replaced(receipts must back up that a unit was purchased and if you use used parts it must have the vin of the doner car on it.) If a front apron is shown to be changed, it has to be changed...etc Not really worth it.... Keep in mind a Structural inspection will cost $150 then rack time ($250-400), it will also have to accompany a structural 4 wheel alignment which must be done by a certified shop and the list goes on... (probably will have $750-1000 in inspections before you can even blink) Keep in mind that the title will be branded as a REBUILT which will hurt it's resale down the road....

Irrepairable branding - can not be repaired.

Oops.. ya, I got that backwards.. branding -Salvage- means you can fix it .. but most of the time it still means its a parts car because of the money involved to do it.
I have gone threw it , well, half way .. and gave up.. to much money, red tape, and time .

Close...

Salvage - can be repaired but will need a structureal certificate to be able to drive on the road. A big key here is that every part that is listed on the estimate for repair must be changed, if the headlight is good but it is written on the estimate-It must be replaced(receipts must back up that a unit was purchased and if you use used parts it must have the vin of the doner car on it.) If a front apron is shown to be changed, it has to be changed...etc Not really worth it.... Keep in mind a Structural inspection will cost $150 then rack time ($250-400), it will also have to accompany a structural 4 wheel alignment which must be done by a certified shop and the list goes on... (probably will have $750-1000 in inspections before you can even blink) Keep in mind that the title will be branded as a REBUILT which will hurt it's resale down the road....

Irrepairable branding - can not be repaired.

Just curious, what did you end up doing with the car??..

It need paint anyways so I'm going to pull out all the dings from the hail with a stud welder and then a light coat of mud and repaint the car. the worst part is my door molding are junk now and no longer can get them from ford so I need to find a way to fix them.

anyone find out where this 95 is?

Back