Looking at a 92 SC...

MY 85 GT

I went to look at a 92 supercoupe the other day nice car...Needs a few things...Like a rear view mirror it had a wire hanging the what is that for ? Also it needs a right corner lense in te bumper...A sun visor clip that holds the sun visor in place.....I dont think the seat belts went back when i closed the door [car was runing] And the big thing...wheni stared the car the blower was on auto i went to shut it off and it didnt go off..i hit off again and didnt go off....lol why didnt it shut off...Then when i brought it back to the guys house he shut the car off turned it back on hit auto the off it went off...Is something wrong there.? something not working right?...One good thing he had the head gaskets done last yr ..new valve cover gaskets...The car is an 1 owner car adult driven..It has 136,000 miles...the body is in good shpe few smalls door dings and some scratches...The Trunk lid has a dent and the Left trunk lense is cracked...Oh yeah sunroof needs a new gasket...He sealed it with silcone for now ....I think i can get the car for $1500 oh yeah its an automatic too...is that a fair price? what else should i look for? Thanks sorry for the long post............

>what else should i look for?

Another car perhaps.

I don't know your full budget and location, but you might easily do better - (SC Buyer's Guide).

As an example, instead of spending $1500.00 on a rough car and then another $1500.00 to fix whatever, you might find a better one for $2000.00 that only needs $500.00 to fix up. The one you described seems a bit beat up...

Last edited:
>Needs a few things...
  • rear view mirror it had a wire hanging
  • sun visor clip
  • right corner lense in te bumper
  • Left trunk lense is cracked
  • Trunk lid has a dent
  • few smalls door dings and some scratches
  • sunroof needs a new gasket
  • dont think the seat belts went back when i closed the door
  • wheni stared the car the blower was on auto i went to shut it off and it didnt go off

That kind of list points to a car that has seen better days (you'll likely find more). How do you think some of those got damaged? Not from 16 years of love, that's for sure :)

Read the buyer guide, please, thanks. And any photos would help us to help you.

Last edited:
>Needs a few things...
  • rear view mirror it had a wire hanging
  • sun visor clip
  • right corner lense in te bumper
  • Left trunk lense is cracked
  • Trunk lid has a dent
  • few smalls door dings and some scratches
  • sunroof needs a new gasket
  • dont think the seat belts went back when i closed the door
  • wheni stared the car the blower was on auto i went to shut it off and it didnt go off

That kind of list points to a car that has seen better days (you'll likely find more). How do you think some of those got damaged? Not from 16 years of love, that's for sure :)

Read the buyer guide, please, thanks. And any photos would help us to help you.

Very true...It was an older gentleman that owned it so im guessing he wasnt into keeping it a show car....

Back