Dual keypads?

KMT

The (show) 'Bird in these photos apparently has keypads on both doors - anyone know if both doors are factory pre-wired for keypads?

attachment.php
attachment.php

I've got a mind to go a step further and install the vertical hidden pad (both doors, maybe) used on the new Lincoln MKS ('SecuriCode' keypad illuminates when you touch your hand on the pad).

mks09_fp_securicode.jpg

vertical pad...

I would think the only problem with the hidden vertical pad wouold be clearance between the pad and the window where it slides in the door track.
Measure, measure, measure!! Hate to see you cut the door post and then find out you can't close your window!!! Doesn't do much good to lock the door then!!
But it would look nice.
Lance

My question is why?

Are there that many times a person on the passenger side needs to enter before the driver?

I've got to admit, couldn't imagine mine without the keypad entry.

I wonder if there are any right side driver SCs :eek:

>My question is why?

Why paint a car a certain color or mount different rims?

Why do you think the yellow car was modded to have dual pads?

Each owner likes to have something different - unique. Some would prefer the shaved look, with no door handles or keypads at all and go for hidden releases and poppers, or maybe remote entry mechanisms, while others just want color matched door handles. Some people change features while others change function while still others change both.

Sometimes it works out and a new trend is started and other times it simply condemns a car to the crusher :)

Back