Suspension parts to good to be true?

Seeing as upper control arms are approx. $150 for both, that looks like a good enough deal. I don't see new pinch bolts for those, so that appears to be at least one area they are saving on. Warranty sounds routine.

Be careful on the shipping, tho...

yeah, 30 clams sounds a bit high. I just wonder if these will indeed fit my 93' SC and what other parts i'll need to find. Also will these parts work with a drop? SCP has shorter rear end parts for the drop. So am I wasting my money now?

I bought one of these kits from a e-bay vendor for my 1989 N/A. I had absolutely no issues. Everything fit like a glove. Maybe someone can chime in here...aren't the lower control arms for the front SC specific...meaning a different part# than a regular mn-12?? Cant remember....

>Also will these parts work with a drop?

Depends on the drop I'd think - don't forget to schedule an alignment when done. Note that at least the front upper control arms are different from L to R. Yell if you need parts diagrams...several are already online. (scroll down for 1989-96 Vehicles)

Last edited:
And yes....the front lower contraol arms are SC specific. NA version will fit but the inner pivot bushing is too soft compared to the OEM or correct TRW replacement parts.

I bought one of these kits from a e-bay vendor for my 1989 N/A. I had absolutely no issues. Everything fit like a glove. Maybe someone can chime in here...aren't the lower control arms for the front SC specific...meaning a different part# than a regular mn-12?? Cant remember....

So with that and what Mr. Duffy had to say. The answer to quest no. 1 is no. Won't fit. I was just about to press buy. Thanks.

Gotta say. I've been reading these posts for awhile. This was my first. you guys rock. Most all of ya. I'm rebuilding a 93' from the ground up. She just got a new interior (White leather), rims, tranny w/ shift kit, and full SPC exhaust -catalytics. Plenty more in the plan, like new paint next week, midnight blue or black? But i'm thinking I've got my work cut out for me on this engine. Runs good few intake leaks i suspect. Been in storage for 6 years. I'm sure I'll be bothering you guys alot.

>The answer to quest no. 1 is no. Won't fit.

Sorry - where did you read that?

They'll fit - front lower control arm inner bushing material softer than TRW - that's it. Get what you pay for, of course :)

Last edited:
Get what you pay for, of course :)
And sometimes not even that.. Ordered 2 new Motorcraft UCAs about 1 year ago.. they are already loose :( I doubt I'll ever order suspension parts online anywhere again. Not worth the trouble.

>Ordered 2 new Motorcraft UCAs about 1 year ago..

Any warranty at all...did you try to return them? - that bites. Last UCA I bought came with an 18 month warranty.

Sometimes trying to save money costs more in the end. Can be an expensive lesson to learn for some I guess.

Perhaps Duffy knows where we can find the TRW/good stuff these days.

Last edited:
When I was searching for the lower control arms for my rebuild, I had a hard time finding the correct ones. The NA/SC versions were combined into one part and there was no longer a difference. Not sure if NA was upgraded the the SC specs, or vice versa. I was able to pick up one side from work (Advance Auto) but had to locate the other side from a member on here. TRW 10771 and 10772 are the correct numbers for the SC specific ones I believe.

A while ago I had read I thought in one of our Advance Auto employee news things, that TRW was bought by Moog and TRW parts would be phased out and replaced by Moog. I know that the TRW parts have the same part numbers as the Moog arts, but the TRW's are more expensive, and usually harder to locate. I work again tomorrow afternoon and will see if I can locate a set of TRW LCA's.

Last edited:
>Ordered 2 new Motorcraft UCAs about 1 year ago..

Any warranty at all...did you try to return them? - that bites. Last UCA I bought came with an 18 month warranty.

Sometimes trying to save money costs more in the end. Can be an expensive lesson to learn for some I guess.

Perhaps Duffy knows where we can find the TRW/good stuff these days.
There is a warranty, but I believe its only 12 months. I saw the name Motorcraft and assumed that they would be OEM quality. I assumed wrongly. Now I have to locate the PO, remove the parts from the car, pack, and ship back to motorcraft and wait.. And pay for shipping no doubt.

IF I had purchased them from my friendly neighborhood Autozone or Oreillys, they would have come with a lifetime warranty and I could have a replacement in 1-2 days and no shipping charges.

Live and learn. :rolleyes:

I bought my last UCA's from eBay but they were OEM parts F3SZ..... part number). I bought my last front LCA (TRW) from Advance Auto. Had to order them. Posted about the fact they (Advance Auto) told me they were moving away from TRW and would be handling MOOG exclusively in the future. I expressed my displeasure and left with my TRW parts. That was about 1.5 months ago. 6 months ago I ordered all the rear suspension bushing made by TRW from Advance Auto. They at that time had them all except the lower knuckle to LCA bushings. I have bought some other sway bar bushings recently from the TCCoA Parts Counter Guy. Where he got them I have no idea but they were Ford OEM parts. Got front diff bushings from Green Sales last month too. It was the last set they had, though Vintage Parts has a bunch of the lower part of the mounts now. Been working with the OEM Mfg. for Ford trying to identify replacements for the diff bushings.

So then yes they will fit even with the different part numbers. But it's soft and gonna wear quickly, and a pain in the #*! to replace. Anybody got a parts list for the suspension? Autozone? I worked there once. They suck. still in debate bro.

Checked in the system today at work (Advance Auto), and we can still get the TRW LCA's for the SC (10771 and 10772) direct from TRW. Price was $64.48 each, and was about 6 days from order to receipt in store.

Back